Rule Book ???

Home Forums General Discussion Rule Book ???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Mike Cunningham
    Participant

Just wondering where the rules are or when. Its not like i will be in F1 next year or a very good flagger ( right Angie ) but clubs start in a week and a half and my self and other people still dont know what is legal. Or we just run what we bring ? 😉

Angie MacEwen
    Participant

Mike, I think you are a fine flagger!!! You know that, we work well together.

Anyway, Jim Keesling is the one doing the dirty work on the rules. Not to say there are any major changes, just cleaning them up to work for us. No major changes from last year. We are basically using the 05 rules, with a few changes. The Tags will follow the current TAGUSA rules, and everything else is like last year. Except maybe there are a few changes in the stock class, Jim could answer that one. As soon as I get the rules, there will be a book printed, all members and track owners will get one, and they will be available online. If you have a specific question that you need answered right away, email me and I will get an answer.

Thank you all for being so patient :loony:

Mike Cunningham
    Participant

Thank you for a response.

Angie MacEwen
    Participant

Mike,

You’re welcome!

Anonymous
    Inactive

If the TAG guys are following current TAG USA rules then the rotax guys will have to run the STOCK #40 slide. Go to TAG USA and check it out.

larry toby
    Participant

Angie,

You stated the Tags will follow the current TAGUSA rules. Does that include Jr’s? I am holding off registering for the CSC events until this question is answered definitely. There have been discussions on this forum about weight changes but I haven’t heard anything official. For the sake of consistency, I hope we are following TAGUSA to the letter. If there are going to be exceptions it would be nice to know them well before the first event!

Thanks,
    Larry

Mike Jansen
    Participant

Do the rules say I can use a GP chassis? I’m sooooo confused…

Tell Keesling I saw him at the airport boarding to Mexico. I hope he went there to finalize the RULE book and not the BARTENDING book 😆

Angie MacEwen
    Participant

Mr Jansen, I am going to be nice. There were several smart remarks that I could have come back with on that one!

larry, yes that includes the Jrs. You are right there was discussion about changing the weights, but nothing more ever came of it. Tag weights are per TAGUSA.

joe, not ignoring you, but I don’t know the particulars of ALL of the rules. Does that Rotax rule cause a problem for you?

:loony: :loony: :loony:

Doug Welch
    Participant

The pdf for the Rotax does state the #40 slide. However, section 2.2.?? on carbs states that the slide is part of jetting and that jetting is open. TagUSA rules state specifically that the slide is part of jetting, jetting is open but that the slide assembly must be OEM (Dell’orto).

I’ve specifically talked with Marty Casey, national tech director for TagUSA, on this issue. He tells me that section 2.2.?? overrides the pdf sheet from Rotax. As long as we run the standard Dell’orto VHSB, we can change all the internals we want with standard Dell’orto parts.

The same issue on rads and airboxes. The pdf talks about the standard rad and airbox, however, the body of the TaGUSA rules let us run any rad or airbox we want. Again, the writen rules overrides the pdf from Rotax.

Our CSC tech director should give Marty a call if he needs a calification on this.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Check the rules before you buy any air box. I don’t think the freeline and other 2004 homolagated are legal.

Rule 2.2.1.

AIR BOX – OPEN, but must be CIK or, RLV approved air box with two inlet tubes not to exceed 22.0 mm (+/- 1.0 mm) inside diameter and 95.0 mm minimum length. The 2004 homologated CIK, KG and Freeline boxes are not legal. All air boxes may not be modified although the rubber flange may be trimmed on the inside of the air box to the flange lip. Aftermarket internal foam air filters are allowed as long as no modification is made to the air box it?s self. The position of the airbox is nontech.

Bill

Doug Welch
    Participant

The Rotax runs best if you don’t use an aftermarket airbox. Stock is best.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I heard the rules will be out “SOON”.

Angie MacEwen
    Participant

Rich, I will upgrade that remark to “very soon”

:rotate:

missed you at the GGP meeting last night!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Angie,

thanks

I volunteered for 4 tasks.

With racing the whole ball (IMI, CSC, CRE) I don’t have time to be a mucky muck. I will just be a follower.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Okay, so if the rules haven’t changed much since the 2005 season is there a place where I can get a hold of last years rule book so we can have at least some kind of idea what we need to do with my kart. thanks,
    savannah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.