Greg Welch Driving Seminar Hosted at Shockwave

Home Forums General Discussion Greg Welch Driving Seminar Hosted at Shockwave

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Angel Ramirez
    Participant

COUNT ME IN TOO, GREG. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR EVERYTHING YOU GUYS(WELCH FAMILY) HAVE DONE FOR ALL OF US. :clap:

mkuper
    Participant

If my Kart is finished, count me in, what are the track fees at imi?
    Mike

Anonymous
    Inactive

$35 for Test & Tune

Doug Haner
    Participant

Are you guys still planning on doing this?

I’m only asking because the weather doesn’t look to be forecasted as nice as it once was. Now they’re calling for a high of 43/44 with isolated rain/snow.

Just curious, I’ll be there as long as its still happening.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with D-fresh the weather is not looking good. Maybe put it off another week for warmer weather. Good day today so I am going to IMI. :dance:

Jon Romenesko
    Participant

*sigh* It never fails…damn you, Colorado! :loony:

I suppose at the very least there could be a classroom session. Either that, or we practice driving in the cold and wet! Bring your driving parkas!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Temp still calls for low 40’s, which will be a no go for me.

Suggestion:
    *have the class on Sat morning
    *have the track time at IMI April 26th

or

*have it all on the 26th

The above is the first open non racing weeking after this weekend.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any more thoughts on the driving seminar tomorrow….I see they got the temp down to 43 now….Im all for track time but maybe just a little warmer weather would be nice.

Tim
    Fuzz Motorsports
    4 cycle heavy #16

Jeff Welch
    Participant

To my knowledge, Greg intends to have the seminar tomorrow as planned. I’m sure he will correct me if anything is different.

Unfortunately, weather is an reality we can’t control. Next weekend Greg will hopefully be at the Gatorz race in Las Vegas, and after that, as Rich pointed out there is a race here in CO every weekend until April 26. That weekend is the Stars race at Miller, and the first weekend of May is another race. So we’d be looking at Mid-May at best to reschedule.

Perhaps the biggest issue is not everyone reads this site regularly, and it would be very difficult for us to get the word of cancellation/postponement out to everyone that is planning to come. We learned this when we moved the start time of the last seminar!

The weather tomorrow for Dacono is “A slight chance of rain and snow showers after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. North northwest wind between 5 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.” So it may be cold but it probably won’t rain.

If you only want to come to the classroom portion, that’s fine. However, I would greatly encourage everyone to brave the cold and come on out – you will definitely learn a lot!

Doug Haner
    Participant

Allright then, count me in.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Me too

Anonymous
    Inactive

We’ll be there.

Greg Welch
    Participant

Jeff is correct. If I had any other weekend to do it then we would for sure go right ahead, but for the next two months my weekends are booked. I also would like to do it before the first race of the year so we can all hit the ground running come race season.

If you would like to go for it, still bring your karts and we can head out to the track when we are done at the shop. I will try and work a day here sometime where we can do another on-track day if Saturday does not work out.

Angel Ramirez
    Participant

Highs for centannial today near 55’s . :loony:

Doug Haner
    Participant

Just wanted to say thanks for the seminar Greg.

I think I learned a lot but due to a few “technical difficulties,” rental traffic, and cold track temps, it didn’t translate into lower lap times. I bet it will next time I get out with some good weather and less rental traffic though. That is IF I remember everything. :rotate:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.