Greg Welch Driving Seminar Hosted at Shockwave

Home Forums General Discussion Greg Welch Driving Seminar Hosted at Shockwave

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Greg Welch
    Participant

Well after a successful run of Shockwave Karting seminars over the past three months I felt the need to add one more free seminar to the lineup. This is a driving seminar hosted by yours truly.

Saturday March 22nd
    Seminar starts 10:00, runs until 11-11:30 in the shop, then continuing on to IMI for the rest of the day to be spent at the racetrack.

In the shop I will go over:
    Basic driving technique
    Basic interpretation knowledge, how to know what your kart is doing
    Basic set-up info

Once at the track:
    I will be able to give a little more individual attention.
    I will be able to give demonstrations of what I talked about in the shop.
    Better break down of your driving style.
    We can begin to develop a plan for development in the future.

For anyone looking for that little, or that lot extra on the track this seminar is for you.

Shockwave Karting’s address is 4435 W.58th Ave Unit E. Arvada, CO 80002
    The track we will be using is IMI

Please RSVP by calling the shop at 303-781-7829 or send me a PM. Please ask any questions you have.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cost??

Doug Welch
    Participant

@Greg Welch wrote:

…. I felt the need to add one more free seminar to the lineup.

While Greg’s time is free, there will be the cost of test and tune at IMI.

Sheldon Potter
    Participant

Sounds very cool.

Would this be appropriate for rookies w/ very limited seat time to-date as well?

Will this be hands on for drivers once at IMI? I’m scrambling, but don’t have that kart yet. Otherwise, I’m assuming it will be BYOK (bring your own kart).?

Thanks.

Sheldon Potter

hotwheels1517
    Participant

Well I for one feel sorry for you Greg. I would hate to work for free. Maybe your dad can teach me that. If I could only get my son to work for free.

Sounds like a good deal though “the instruction not the free”,
    Brian Moore

Brad Linkus
    Participant

It will take three lifetimes for Greg to payback Doug just for being his dad let alone all of the other sponsorship he has put out over the years.

Rick Schmidt
    Participant

Greg,

If you need help. I will volunteer for the day too.

Rick

Greg Welch
    Participant

Sounds good Rick I could always use an extra hand. Yes this seminar will be valuable for anyone from the novice to the seasoned pro. If your looking for a little something extra on track then do come.

Brian, I feel it will be good for me to do a free seminar for people to get in and see what I have to offer, rather than pay 200 for a day to find out. Although so far not a single person I have worked with has not done their fastest lap time EVER in a day of working with me, but I want to give the chance for more people to see what I have to offer as a coach. As for my dad, I do owe him for a lifetime, he has provided sponsership for my racing for the past 12 years and everything I know is because of him.

Plus, I like racing in close fields and watching close races, that means anyone thats not the fastest its time to get faster to make this more exciting.

Doug Haner
    Participant

Sounds like this will be perfect for somebody such as myself.

Count me in.

I’ll call to RSVP and tell my Brother-in-law about it as well.

hotwheels1517
    Participant

Just so everyone knows my comment above was a joke. I am well aware that the Welch’s are a great family. Don’t take life to seriously people its way to short as it is.

Brian Moore

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greg,

You cancount the old “Fart” in. After 10 yrs I am still learning and want to lower my times!

Great marketing tool! :jump

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greg
    This is great what you are doing this for us karters. I want to thank you ahead of time. As a almost noob I sure anything you can tell us will be useful. I look forward to March 22nd.

Tim
    Fuzz Motorsports
    4 cycle Heavy #16

Greg Welch
    Participant

Brian,
    I knew you were kidding! I think its cause I know you like us 😀 You and Brandon should come out, i think especially at IMI we could make some improvements in his driving. I’ve been wanting to work with a young gun like him who is fast, but needs a little more to run top 5 at nationals, I think I could get you guys there.

Doug Haner
    Participant

@D fresh wrote:

Sounds like this will be perfect for somebody such as myself.

Count me in.

I’ll call to RSVP and tell my Brother-in-law about it as well.

Went down today for a piston stop and clutch tool.

RSVP’d myself for the seminar while I was there. I’m definately looking forward to this.

Jon Romenesko
    Participant

Greg, fantastic, what a great idea to promote yourself as a driving coach! You can never learn too much about driving. Count me in for sure! :mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.