GREAT RACE

Home Forums General Discussion GREAT RACE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Angel Ramirez
    Participant

😆 Great race today at IMI and heading south on I25 at 3:25 that’s cool.

GREAT SHOW BRAD AND CREW.

Ah rotax 1-2 on tag masters

CONGRATS TO EVERY BODY THAT WAS A CLEAN RACE. :cheers:

joescal
    Participant

Looks like Tom Dennin was killin it!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Today was spectator day for me 8)

Definitely helped me make the decision to buy a kart ASAP. Hopefully I will be racing with you all soon!

One thing I have to ask though, everyone I saw there had like a hole crew with them. When I do this, I will be alone when I come, so I wont have anyone to like help me lift my kart on and off the stand, etc. Is this why people join teams? If so, will teams be open to accepting a newb or do they only like the experienced guys? :cheers:

Chris Wogrin
    Participant

All you have to do is ask or just look a little like you need some help. I don’t think anyone has ever said no!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

haha true, i just dont want to be known as the pain in the a$$ 🙂

Rick Schmidt
    Participant

joescal
    PostPosted: Sun 08 5, 2007 7:38 pm Post subject:
    Looks like Tom Dennin was killin it!

Couldn’t make the race, getting ready for the Grands. Looks like the Tag Masters field was pretty close except Tom. Was he running a Rotax? If so, I imagine it’s in Tag trim.

Good job Tom. I remember a couple of years ago Roman clicked off a string of 54.4’s and Race Control came and verified our Mychron and said some of your competitors think you might be cheating. We had the field by .98 seconds. Felt pretty good to do that on Rotax that hadn’t been rebuilt in 2 years and wouldn’t get out of it’s own way at the start.

What happened in the race? There is no way anyone could have caught him in the race, based on Mylaps times.

Tony LaPorta
    Participant

Yea it was a pretty great race. Awesome leavin there as early as we did. 🙂
    Man with the exception of the drivers that have backed a kart in to the fence, you dont really know how great hay bales really are untill your sliding in to one 😉

Fun weekend.

Curt Kistler
    Participant

We had a great time chasing Ben around again and just relaxing between heats. All of the shifter guys looked to be having fun finding their own little battles. Bummer to see Matt Burton have a bad motor day as he was right up front and driving very well.

I would like to see more tech if possible, when possible. They did get to have the top shifters gone through after the main. Don’t know if they caught anything, but it’s always good to see someone looking even at the club level.

Was nice to meet some newbies at the track too. We even have a new addition into the spec shifter class. I personally want to welcome Bryan LeBlanc driving the 09 GP spec shifter to our class. He was out there having a blast in only his second time racing. We look forward to many future races with him.

Cheers to the IMI “short handed staff” getting it all in safely and in almost record time.

See you all in a couple of weeks.

PS: Great job in repairing the race surface Brad. Looks like the tempory fix should hold up for round 4 of the CSC. :cheers:

Jeff Field
    Participant

The event was tons of fun! My first kart race went pretty well. We showed some ok pace for a n00b in old equipment. Stalling the heat start from 4th was probably the low point. Slicing form 8th to 4th in the main made it all worth it. Maybe next time I won’t finish the weekend in the dirt.

I want to thank Kirk for the words of encouragement and I hope to meet more of you guys in the future. Thanks also to the IMI staff. Great show.

I also want to apologize for pinching Ben a bit as he was coming through in the main. Lesson learned.

Also, a rookie question. I came through the pit with 3 laps to go so I could reattach the plug wire that popped off. It appears my laps after I rejoined were not timed. Is that the case in sprint races? A pit lane visit is game over?

jedclampet
    Participant

toms rotax was hot too hot because on lap 5 i beleave it went south the bulb aways burns its brightest before they go after having the engine die ron went from last to 4th in his 2nd race season biland/margay package to the new guys you might want to take alook at the 4 stroke packages that are available at the premier 4 stroke distributor imi just see blink sincerely jed(bob reed) ps no points races mean more fun!!!

Curt Kistler
    Participant

@jibco wrote:

Also, a rookie question. I came through the pit with 3 laps to go so I could reattach the plug wire that popped off. It appears my laps after I rejoined were not timed. Is that the case in sprint races? A pit lane visit is game over?

Welcome jibco!
    The timing system should have caught your laps after your unplanned pit stop. Either Angie did something up in the tower, or your transponder got wigged out with a hot plug wire floating around near the unit. It should register on the computer every time the transponder crosses the timing strip at the line.
    Great job in driving that CRG around. Feel free to pinch Ben anytime you feel the urge, especially when he is in front of Matt 😉
    BTW: That was Ben’s old man that pushed started you right in front of him. We all gave him some grief, it’s our job as tuner dad’s to give each other the business when we deserve it.

Jeff Field
    Participant

@Curt Kistler wrote:

Welcome jibco!
    The timing system should have caught your laps after your unplanned pit stop. Either Angie did something up in the tower, or your transponder got wigged out with a hot plug wire floating around near the unit. It should register on the computer every time the transponder crosses the timing strip at the line.
    Great job in driving that CRG around. Feel free to pinch Ben anytime you feel the urge, especially when he is in front of Matt 😉
    BTW: That was Ben’s old man that pushed started you right in front of him. We all gave him some grief, it’s our job as tuner dad’s to give each other the business when we deserve it.

Thanks. I had the transponder on the left bodywork and the plug wire was happy to ground through my elbow continuously. Surprising, to say the least.

I feel like Super Aguri dusting off the old Arrows chassis and having a go. 😆

I never did pick out his dad and say thanks for the push. It was appreciated… and I am catching on to all the tuner dad dynamics at the track. Good group out there.

I should probably mention that we only bought the thing 2 months ago (my 1st kart). We owe a big thanks to Tyson and Tom Taylor for helping us get it sorted. I suppose we may try again in September. Any advice is certainly welcome, especially if you see us doing something dumb. :idn:

Kirk Deason
    Participant

I’d like to thank Dave Zippie, Rick Schmidt and AJ Noud for supporting my unemployed, broke ass throughout the weekend. Their assistance and support were a true testament to the camaraderie and helpfulness of this great karting community. Most weekends, I’m standing on the infield, 7th place felt great after testing (and breaking lots of stuff) on Saturday.

Thanks to all. I am privileged to be a member of this community.

Kirk

Mike Jansen
    Participant

@Kirk_Deason wrote:

I’d like to thank Dave Zippie, Rick Schmidt and AJ Noud for supporting my unemployed, broke ass throughout the weekend. Their assistance and support were a true testament to the camaraderie and helpfulness of this great karting community.

Starter fluid… :idn:

Jeff Field
    Participant

Was that a pro photographer out there yesterday? I’d be interested to see some of those pics. Website?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.