Good Ideas anyone????

Home Forums General Discussion Good Ideas anyone????

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tony LaPorta
    Participant

Hey, does any one out there have a good idea for a make shift sporcket carrier?? Need a way to move some sprockets this weekend.
    This is probaly an question some of you, uh “shortage on equitment” racers can help with. Ehemm Mr. HARDKART :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

For the record, I do plan on picking a real one up. (Brad, do you have any at IMI??)

Thanks

Tony LaPorta
    Participant

You know what every body, I dont feel right about that MAJOR DIS’ i just put on Kirk, its just I havent busted on kirk in a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time, and thers that whole cabin fever thing boling up.

Sorry Kirk, your a pretty big man (when it comes to forgivness, not size) and i hope you can forgive me 😳 .

Joe Rosse
    Participant

In the garage I hang them from a hook on the pegboard; in the trailer we just stack them in a box that’s the right size. Can’t get more makeshift than that. 😆 But it’s worked for a couple years and a half-dozen cross-country racing trips. Another idea I’ve seen but never bothered to try is to cut an old tire roughly in half and stack the sprockets inside–I suppose the idea is that the rubber tire cushions the sprockets.

Rodney Ebersole
    Participant

a 1/4″ or 6mm. bolt with a nut on the end. An Eye or J hook and wing nut.

Rick Schmidt
    Participant

You know, we have this aper rolls that we get Car cover plastic that looks to be about the same diameter as the inside if the gear. I had thought in the past about making one out of those. Like a big thick paper towel roll. Just bond a base to it.

I throw a few of those out a week.

Rick

Kirk Deason
    Participant

Psshaw, if that was you trying to hurt my feelings…try again!! Those of us that are short on equipment don’t have enough sprockets to warrant anything as fancy as a ‘sprocket transport device’. I was gonna suggest a stand up paper towel holder like one you might have in your kitchen.

RBI
    Participant

Cut about 10 to 12 inches of a bent axle off and put them in order on it. You can even weld a small plate on the bottom so it will stand up in your tool box or on your pit table.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.