equipment question

Home Forums General Discussion equipment question

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Im looking for a rib protector….any suggestions on the best one or ideas about what everyone thinks is the best one, include prices and where I can get it.

Tim

Fuzz Motorsports
    4 cycle newbie

Uber Wagon
    Participant

Hi Tim,

I have had good luck (although my experience is limited) with my Ribtect 2 vest.

-Nick

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ribtech

Had mine for 8 yrs and no rib problems

~$200

Rodney Ebersole
    Participant

Tim,
    http://www.zoombang.com I highly recommend the shirt. Critical zone in Grand Junction had them in stock when I needed them.
    Sense I started wearing the shirt and my old ribtech the pain left.

stacey cook
    Participant

in addition to the Zoombang shirts we also have their seat pads.. plus the Body Armor rib protector… 970-256-0107

Jon Romenesko
    Participant

Tim,

Not sure what size you would be, but theres a Ribtect 2 for sale in the classifieds section at a ridiculous deal….its brand new. Size 46.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4077&p=21715#p21715

Greg Welch
    Participant

I used a Phoenix, I believe Brad still has them in stock. I really only needed one to help me fit into seats better and right now I fit my seat perfect without it.

I did take a few nasty crahses in years past, and when the pavement wore through my suit it didnt go through the vest. I like it because it also has padding up and over your shoulders and that was one area that my suit wore through.

Garrick Mitchell
    Participant

@Greg Welch wrote:

…I like [the Phoenix] because it also has padding up and over your shoulders …

Ditto for my Sparco vest ($100), plus it’s got a big honkin’ sternum protector to let me fill out my driving suit better (tough when you’re 6′-1″ and 160 lbs sopping wet).

In the end, make sure you try on what you’re going to get, ideally while wearing your driving suit and sitting in your own seat (take both to the shop with you).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.