Diamond Grinding at The Track

Home Forums General Discussion Diamond Grinding at The Track

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Dave Innes
    Participant

Jim,

The diamond grinding at The Track to smooth the few rough spots worked great!

Thank you,

Dave Innes
    TAG Masters 79

Anthony Giannone
    Participant

Jim,
    I can’t wait to get out there to test it sounds like the surface it awsome.

Anthony Giannone :usa:

Kirk Deason
    Participant

I never noticed any bumps…but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I drove the track in one of Jim’s rentals right after the grinding was completed. I was impressed at the precision and the tiny grooves. I was thinking it would be like the highway grinding that makes our cars and motorcycles weave all over the place but there was no issue with that at all. The grooves were about 1/8th of an inch or smaller and caused no issue with handling or grip. There was a noticeable (to me) improvement coming down the hill towards the start/finish line.

Well done.

Jim Keesling
    Participant

Thanks Dave and Kirk,
    You never know how this is going to turn out. I’m glad we had the professionals do the job rather than me thinking I could do it with the equipment. Such small efforts for such a big gain. Surface is like new again…
    Mobile PA kart up and running, flat screen monitor for scoring, new Dog Pound, no more culvert! Now if I only had more time to get all these new karts delivered and racers trained…
    Happy to see everyone out last Sunday. Felt like a major race going on. Spring is here!
    Jim

Joe Rosse
    Participant

The culvert is gone? Now that’s good news! 😀

Troy Smith
    Participant

Thanks for getting rid of the culvert.

Mike Jansen
    Participant

But where will you jump when I head towards you now?

8)

cgordon
    Participant

Jim,

Ditto on getting rid of the culvert.

Mike – they don’t have to worry about you coming towards them. You did a pretty good job of steering while going backwards. I guess practice makes perfect. 👿

Charles

Troy Smith
    Participant

I was going to take the high road…thanks Charles!

How about out of the way?! Mass X Velocity = a mess, you’re much bigger than I… :rotate:

Mike Edwards
    Participant

Mike…….

The culvert was never an issue for you because you were always in the in field.
    😆

Love You
    Mikey

cgordon
    Participant

Troy,

Sorry, I couldn’t help it. But I’m almost as old as Vito, so I can say anything I want and get away with it.

Charles

Mike Jansen
    Participant

@cgordon wrote:

Troy,

Sorry, I couldn’t help it. But I’m almost as old as Vito, so I can say anything I want and get away with it.

Charles

yea, and being a smart butt is one of them eh? By the way, when you were growing up did they have crank phones? Or was telegraph the rage still? 8)

Mikey: There will be no Prarie Dog Jansen this year. Nor will there be 16 lap Mike. It’s simply not in the cards! :clap:

Speaking of Vito… did he eat his mushy peas and prunes today? 😆

Tony LaPorta
    Participant

Mike,
    Telegram HA!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

it is nice to know that at least Charles is one of the very few who back me up–thanks Charles.

Bugs Bunny & Boobie You better bring your “A” game this yr. :redmen :argue

Curt Kistler
    Participant

@Rich Vito wrote:

Bugs Bunny & Boobie You better bring your “A” game this yr. :redmen :argue

I thought “A” games ran up front ❓

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.