Aparentley I’m a terrorist ?

Home Forums General Discussion Aparentley I’m a terrorist ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Tony LaPorta
    Participant

Yesterday I placed an order with Italian Motors (The Canada shop), for parts for the rear end of my kart that came up to a grand toatal of about $750.
    Fair enough, thats the price for karting equitment.
    Acording to my mom today while I was at school, Home land security called my house suspicous of high priced purchase’s from out of the country. Demanding to speak to me and requesting my social security number several times.
    After a bunch of phone calls a few hours in total, explaining to them how I am a 14 yr old kid, and was currentley in school at the time of the call, I now have a file under my name in the home land security files and the parts are on their way.

The lesson in all this, Do your bussines here in the greatest country on earth AMERICA :usa: :usa:

Now lets just hope all this will blow over with out them coming to get me. 😆
    I laughed at it all once I found out :mrgreen:

Rick Schmidt
    Participant

Post by Road Runner on Tue 03 4, 2008 8:34 pm
    Yesterday I placed an order with Italian Motors (The Canada shop), for parts for the rear end of my kart that came up to a grand toatal of about $750.

Tony,

I know they are great chassis, but are they being supported by anyone around here?

Home land security called my house suspicous of high priced purchase’s from out of the country. I now have a file under my name in the home land security files and the parts are on their way.

Did you order that 32mm, rear turret mounted machine gun in the IM catalog?

The lesson in all this, Do your bussines here in the greatest country on earth AMERICA :usa: :usa:

AMEN! And even better if you can keep it local. :usa:

Garrick Mitchell
    Participant

Better leave for the airport a little early the next time you plan to fly anywhere… :loony:

Kirk Deason
    Participant

Just another example of THE MAN keeping us down. Fight the power, Tony.

Doug Welch
    Participant

The Italkart is made by SKM and those components are readily available here in this country. WE can get them. Most of our components interchange with Italkart.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tony,

You should feel honored a karting terriorist in our midst. You are marked for life! :liao:

Sheldon Potter
    Participant

Absolutely astounding!

I’m so glad that Homeland Insecurity is keeping us safe from those viscious Radical Fascist Karting Terrorists. I’m sure I saw one the other day – claimed to be wearing a RibTect vest, but I know it was something else, much more sinister…

Another fine example of the latest and greatest from D.C., proving once again the old adage that you can’t fix stupid.

Sheldon Potter

Rick Schmidt
    Participant

Re: Aparentley I’m a terrorist ?
    by Doug Welch on Wed 03 5, 2008 7:38 am

The Italkart is made by SKM and those components are readily available here in this country. WE can get them. Most of our components interchange with Italkart.Doug
    http://www.shockwavekarting.com
    Doug Welch

Private message

I suppose it would be cool if your spindles, steering comums, tie rods, rotors and other consumables are in the trailer. I knew they had Skm components but did not know you had them in stock. Or the interchangablity. What my fear was (and you’ve echo’d this as well) is a racer gets into something that is not suported at the track by someone, and his race or practice day can end pretty quick.

Certainly doesn’t sound like ordering from IM has worked well thus far.

It’s a great machine and sounds like Doug has your back with parts Tony.

edupin
    Participant

I am surprised Home Land Security has not aimed at ME yet….. being Colombian! we are almost used to it! :hehehe

PS: are you sure it was home land security and not someone trying to get you S.S info …. lots of identity theft going on this days.

stacey cook
    Participant

We are also a dealer for Italian Motors and do have some SKM parts still in stock with a few SKM’s still on the floor at GJMS…

Tony LaPorta
    Participant

Awesome stacey, Glad to hear it. 😮
    Will definatley be in contact.

RogerBonham
    Participant

Terrorist, no, a person that they would like to inquire about since terrorist almost always make purchases over $500 out of country, YES!!! Think what you want about Homeland Security but they are doing the best they can to protect you from being terrorized. If you think you can better it then go to school and become a political science major and change the current policy. I understand that you are 14 but what you and many other people in this country don’t understand is that it is in their best interest to be inconvienienced a littlet to save many potential lives. The majority of this country is so soft and lazy that they take everything for granted. I am thankful that someone is watching over you and making sure we are safe as we sit in our armchair criticizing those that make sure we are safe.
    Roger Bonham

Tony LaPorta
    Participant

I did not realize that I had spoke badly of the Home land security in my previous posts?? 😯
    I thought I was just making mention of what happened.
    My bad 😳

Well let me say That I do applaud Home land secutrity, and it’s efforts to keep us, and This Great country safe.
    I love America, and are very grateful for the orginizations, soliders, and people that defend it.
    :usa: :flag :usa: :flag :usa: :flag
    Thank’s 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

We had a little “incident” here in Louisville last year. Be careful what your little ones watch on TV, even shows on Discovery channel, like Mythbusters can get you in trouble.

Remember the pepsi and mentos trick. My son who was in first grade (6.5 years old) decided he was going to show a couple of friends this trick during recess at school. He told his friend, “watch this, when i drop this mentos in this pepsi it will blow up”. His friend panicked and ran to the principles office and told them that Kurt was going to blow up the school. When I got the call Kurt was still at school but in the custody of the Louisville Police department. It took some sorting out but he was released back to me after explaining what the prank was all about. I have a copy of the incident report that was filed with the school district and I kid you not the report states word for word “kurtland threatened to blow up the school with a mint”. He now goes to a private catholic school.

Homeland security is serious business and during my normal day job deal with it everyday. I have a couple of agents that stop by for regular visits to make sure we are in compliance.

Jeff Welch
    Participant

Nice story Ken.

My high school was once evacuated because somebody left their lunch (in a paper bag) sitting unattended on a table in the library. They called in the bomb squad to neutralize the threat posed by the apple and sandwich it contained. I can’t remember if this was pre or post 9/11.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.