What we need.

Home Forums General Discussion What we need.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anthony Giannone
    Participant

Inspite of the tragic events that have occurred in the Colorado Karting community we need to do what we all love and that’s race. We are a racing community and we are here for each other. I was always taught that when somebody is down you need to be there to give a hand and that is what the Cook family needs right now. We can all be that hand in this situation for not only the Cook’s and Grand Junction Motor Speedway but also for each other. The Cook family has always been supportive of me and my family and we want to support them now. We need to put aside the politics and go race in Grand Junction this year. Please join me and my dad in supporting the Cook’s and Grand Junction Motor Speedway. Let’s all do the right thing and RACE!!!

Anthony Giannone

[email protected]
    Participant

Anthony:

This is the best thing I’ve read here since August 15. Very nicely worded, very well done!

Turn the negative into a positive. For honor and for everyone. Strength in numbers, all sharing the same passion, and each other.

Food for thought, not debate.

Cris Schureman
    Participant

Curt and I are discussing the possibility of combining the GJMS club race scheduled for October 16th and 17th with a SKUSA Mountain region points race. We need the feed back from the racers who are running for points. Anyone would be welcome. We will have at least 20 SKUSA racers up there from our region regardless of it being a points race or not.

SKUSA MR racers will be hearing from one of us in the next week.

Update- Stacey is also trying to rally the Utah boys to come play. If that is the case we might still be able to salvage the season and have a true regional race before Vegas. A few of the Pro Kart guys said they might even show up if we do it.

Thanks for starting this thread Anthony- I agree with everything you said. That’s a first.
    Just kidding. “HEY, ANTHONY”

Cris

stacey cook
    Participant

Thanks Anthony, Chris, Eric. It has been a really tough month, we all at GJMS feel like we have a huge hole in our hearts that will never heal. The heartache and sadness we feel for the Duncan Family is overwelming.

We do however understand and realize how important it is that we keep going and try to get back to why we all got involved with karting in the first place. Doing what we love and spending time with family and friends. There are so many good people here in the Colorado karting community it is really unfortunate that we all can’t get on the same page and just race! All Colorado Karters at one venue at the same time doing what we love.

Lets hope time heals all wounds and things get better soon.

As for the weekend of October 16-17 we will be hosting our GJMS Club Championships with the best group of club racers on the planet, we would be extremley grateful to have SKUSA and all of you join us for a weekend of great racing.

Jon Romenesko
    Participant

Absolutely. No matter what happens, we are still a very close knit community of some great people and great racers…we can’t forget that. We all love this sport and need to come together when times get tough (and we all know this year has been!).

Personally, I would love to have a chance to come out to GJMS this year. I was psyched up to travel out there with SKUSA and race (for the first time in a few years) before everything happened. Totally understandable why the race never happened, and I respect that. I wanted to support the cooks at the CKI race, but i just couldn’t plain afford it. I would be in for a SKUSA/GJMS/Utah year-end-karting-blowout. Sounds like fun!

stacey cook
    Participant

After numerous calls and emails from the karting community it is now official.

Ocotber 16-17 2010 Grand Junction Motor Speedway will host our Club Championships along with SKUSA’s 2010 Finals. In addition the 1st annual BORDER WAR with the Utah karting community.

Practice will be Saturday the 16th with a barbeque, band and special activities then Sunday will be full of racing. The Border War will be a lot of fun as drivers from each state will receive points from qualifying thru the main events to decide who takes the Trophy home. Utah has some incredible drivers and will provide some great competition.

More information will posted asap.

Thanks to all for your support and ecouragement.

[email protected]
    Participant

I couldn’t agree more with Jon.

Our best to all karters….. and to Stacey, his family, and his family of employees.

Jeff Field
    Participant

I look forward to seeing the gang in GJ on the 16th!

Roger Miller
    Participant

Anthony- On behalf of PPKRC – we agree!! The Karting community needs to come together to not only support Grand Junction and Stacey/Family, but also all tracks and Clubs. We need to focus on the positive aspects of this sport, having fun!! We as a club will be supporting GJ along with every other track in the state in as many ways as we can. Look forward to see everyone at GJ.

[email protected]
    Participant

Roger:

Yep.

Butler Cox
    Participant

@Roger Miller wrote:

Anthony- On behalf of PPKRC – we agree!! The Karting community needs to come together to not only support Grand Junction and Stacey/Family, but also all tracks and Clubs. We need to focus on the positive aspects of this sport, having fun!! We as a club will be supporting GJ along with every other track in the state in as many ways as we can. Look forward to see everyone at GJ.

Thanks Roger, on behalf of all of us at GJMS.

Maybe you can seduce a bunch of old codgers to come one over. More about that here:

http://www.thecoloradokarter.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5813&start=20

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.