Weight in TAG jr.

Home Forums General Discussion Weight in TAG jr.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Does anyone know what the minimum weight is in the TAG jr. division? I just want to know so I can start practicing with weight on my kart.

Nicole Bort
    Participant

uh… i its 320 lbs. 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, I wasn’t sure what it was because I heard it was being changed

Anonymous
    Inactive

Be careful Brad will probably change this class wts. because the Tag juniors are way too fast.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So you think that he might raise the weight?

Anonymous
    Inactive

All TaGUSA weights are 320 lbs for Tag Jr. This is the link to the TaGUSA rules. http://www.tagracing.net/rules.html

Brad Linkus
    Participant

320 lbs for all engines is just plain wrong unless you want to turn the JR TAG class into a Leopard only class. We will be adjusting all of the TAG weights for all the classes at each track to make them more competitive together.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Brad,

Thought it was going to stay with Tag Usa except the Tag Junior class. Did this change?

Rick

Brad Linkus
    Participant

Rick

I know you had alot to drink that night and may have forgot we discussed adjusting the Tag weights for each track in all classes, not just the Jrs.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I did too…. I wasn’t as think as you drunk I was.

Well there I go again! Musta got buzzed and missed it. Sure my hearing doesn’t help either. Thought we were just looking to slow the Jr Leopaeds at your track to equalize.

Are we going to do this based on history, track testing or ? (sorry if that was discussed as well) Are we going to use the same method for the other tracks and is this going to be a work in progress and subject to change throughout the season?

What about approved engine packages that have not been run yet?

Anyway, “alot to drink” Lucy started it,and I brought my designated driver.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lets not open another can of worms. Just run the rules as published by TAGUSA. I was at the meeting and I don’t drink. I did sit next to Lucy though, maybe some rubbed off. How are we going to test all the different packages at all the tracks with any consistency? We have already bought a motor based on what I heard at the meeting, and I heard “run by TAGUSA rules”. Brad, know matter what you put the weights at, half the racers will think it is unfair for what they run. Keep it non personal, and let a national body take the criticism. We are thinking of running Tag Jr next year because it seems to have the most entries for our age group, so we need to know now what is happening.
    Start another poll.

Bill

Rusty Newberry
    Participant

:idn: Why, oh why is it neccessary to play with the weights. I have yet to hear a good reason for this. An advantage at one track is a disadvantage at another. So what! Is there some other interests that is pushing this. I don’t believe I have heard any racer standing up and asking for this. Am I mistaken?

Rusty

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t think there is any reason to change the weights at each track too. It makes things easier to keep it the same for the whole season not just for the TAG jr but for the rest of the TAG class because the racers need to practice with the right amount of weight on their car.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Brad,

At the meeting (in my fog) when there was talk about changing weights for the Jr class, I did ask (twice, raised my hand and everything) if this affected the other classes and was told Tag Usa was being followed on all the other Tag classes. Angie, can you substantiate this? As you and I spoke about this afterwards. Clearly racers based decisions on this upcoming season from information at the meeting.

Seems like Tag Usa, for all their good and bad, have spent quite a bit of effort to reach some sort of parity between engine packages.

Changing the weights at the different tracks seems difficult to say the least. I believe this would encourage racers to have multiple engine packages, which we don’t want to do ourselves. But I suppose this could be the ultimate option. Wait to see where the weights land and pull out the optimal engine.

Just hoping what was stated at the meeting does not change now.

Angie MacEwen
    Participant

Rick, you are right. I heard that the concern was with the Junior classes only. For Sr and Masters, TAG USA would be followed. ( i did have some beer 😳 ) and I think we should follow TAGUSA for all TAG classes, period.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.