Truck Bed Size?

Home Forums New to Karting Truck Bed Size?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    IAV84U
    Participant

Hi All – Just bought a kick butt kart, and am looking for a old beater truck to drag it around with (my Subaru ain’t gonna cut it.)

Will an Arrow AX9 fit in a standard bed F150? A short bed?

Thanks & see you at The Track!

John

Doug Haner
    Participant

I carry my kart in my Dakota with no frame to kick it over the wheel wells. I simply drop the tailgate and butt the rear wheels of the kart up against the wheel wells. I use one strap around the front and one around the rear to keep it from rolling up the wheel wells if I brake hard. This setup leaves plenty of room between the kart and the cab of the truck for a stand, toolboxes, and other gear. I learned this trick from Rick Schmidt when I picked my kart up from him and have liked it so much I’ve pretty much written off getting a trailer for now.

Here are some quick pictures I took for another guy, so you can get the idea.

What kind of Subie? Any newer Subie should be able to pull a built up Harbour Freight trailer with no problems whatsoever.

IAV84U
    Participant

Thanks guys – I appreciate the information (& the pics!)

I ended up buying an old F150, justified by the home improvement projects we’ve got going on – wink wink nudge nudge, that will hold the kart nicely.

John

RotaxOldFart
    Participant

John,

Now you need one of these! (see my last post in thread):

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4082

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.