Tires, tyres, tires

Home Forums General Discussion Tires, tyres, tires

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Ron Rudolph
    Participant

:bang
    I Bang my head this time every season. Question: How many of you in Colorado karting Land see the wheel recreated every year? For me it started in 1978 – 33 years ago. Purchased an Emick with a comet 55 blue printed by Mike @ Valley Kart. There were 2 tracks in Boulder. Tires then Carlisle, after Goodyear, then Maxxis, ok followed by Bridgestone… Not Done yet. Vegas , back to Bridgestone, then Mogos now MG’S…. Dang its true history does repeat itself? And to calculate the amount of Money I have invested in tires all those years ( Granted I did not drive all those years but after I hung up My helmet, All my 3 kids took over.) Ok Pause…… Just had a brief moment of !@#$%^&*() ! Look Folks, I have met many great Fellow Karters in this Time Line and most are now gone, The News, The Courters, The Bailey’s, The Carrelli’s, The MacEwen’s, The Rays, etc,.Too Many to List, they are all gone for now,You get the picture. Lets have a reunion Race? Another Question: Karting in Colorado, What’s the goal? I have to commend All the Track Owners for their Business Models, Because with out them Our Hobby would be – well only a desire. So lets Help All those who long to make new memories with our currant fellow Colorado Karter Families, and Friends. Lets Look at the Whole Picture. Up to “US” the Karters of Colorado to Grow this Thing !!!! Support Your Track and come out and play safely. Thank you!! To All The Track and Club Owners !!!
    Tires ???????? They all end up in the same place.. :loco

[email protected]
    Participant

Ron:

Kinda OT, apologies…. but I had to know you back then. I ran Super Stock Light from 1981 through 1983 with Barbells, the Thomas twins, Nils Holten, Neil Hillmann, hung with your same crowd, went to two Grands (Medford, Quincy) raced every week possible at Curly’s, Longmont, Aspen, and once in the dirt at the Coliseum (for Sandberg). If you ran against BL, then you musta ran Heavy (Jerry Green, Dan Duncan, Gary Caputo, etc.).

Those were great days, but sadly were eventually ruined by inter-club and -shop politics. With those 30 years gone by, one must wonder what could have been (no offense to anyone).

More OT…. Happy 50th, Jim.

Eddy Wyatt
    Participant

Ron

Wow, thanks for bringing some history and common sense to this discussion. Hope to see you at a track this season.

Good Luck,
    Eddy
    :clap:

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.