Sprocket Life

Home Forums General Discussion Sprocket Life

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Larry Natzke
    Participant

What is expected lifespan of a TAG #219 rear aluminum sprocket?
    I’m only getting 2-3 hours of life until teeth start breaking.
    Chain tension is set at Leopard manual specs.

Any comments on Extron vs. Horstman sprockets?

Joe Hawley
    Participant

Not that I’m an expert, but I have had that same problem. Some things you may want to look at are the sprocket alignment front to back. You can use any straight edge to do this. You may want to take a real close look at how good the chain is. I have had a bad chain take out both front and rear sprockets in as little as 20 laps.

CameraCourage
    Participant

I am kinda curious as well. Though I ran WAY to many laps on my 219 setup and hooked my chainring completely. I am finally getting together a list of all the things I need to look over when I come back from a track day.

Mike Jansen
    Participant

Chains hanging out with underage girls always get life…. 8)
    Same thing if they happen to hang out with the wrong crowd 😀

On a serious note, if you want your chains and sprockets to last a long time alignment and tension play a vital part. The most often overlooked part however is replacing a chain and not replacing the front driver at the same time. If it’s “peaky” that’s a sure way to wear out the chain and the rear sprocket. It “fights” with the other compondents. Costly, sure but chains and sprockets last longer in my opinion….

stacey cook
    Participant

Go with the RK O-ring chain and a new set of sprockets and you be much happier… we have run 6 events wtih the same chain and sprockets zero stretch and alot less brain damage..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.