Racing the Rockies News!!

Home Forums General Discussion Racing the Rockies News!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Angie MacEwen
    Participant

Title sponsor, nationally recognized drivers, and exciting details announced for August 9 Racing the Rockies Pepsi Center race.
    July 30, 2009 – Centennial, CO
    The Track at Centennial, Colorado’s premier kart racing organization, is pleased to announce exciting details for the August 9 race at the Pepsi Center. This race is the third round of Racing the Rockies, the regional kart racing series.

Racing the Rockies at the Pepsi Center, presented by Performance One Media, will occur on the site of previous Champ Car racing evens in downtown Denver, Colorado. The track design will challenge racers to complete the 17 turn, 0.6 mile circuit as they race along the Pepsi Center, Elitch Gardens amusement park and Denver’s downtown skyline. “We’re thrilled to have Performance One Media as the title sponsor for the Pepsi Center race”, said Jim Keesling, owner of The Track at Centennial.

Cash prizes will be awarded for all podium finishers with classes of five or more racers. The winner will earn $300; 2nd will receive $150 and 3rd place will be awarded $75.

Alan Rudolph, Andy Seesemann, John Crow and other nationally recognized racers have registered to participate. “We knew Racing the Rockies would attract competitive racers from across the Rocky Mountain region. Having Alan, Andy, John, and others, adds a whole new level of racer to the mix. The Pepsi Center location sets this race apart from all others in the region”, adds Jim.

– Alan Rudolph is a five-time SKUSA King of the Streets winner, National and Grand National Champion and the General Manager of the Bondurant Superkart School.

– Andy Seesemann, a 20-year karting veteran, owns Full Throttle Karting in Orange, CA, and is one of the nation’s top promoters of the Rotax engine program.

– John Crow, winner of numerous IKF and Pro Kart Challenge races as well as a SKUSA Supernationals title, is a veteran of the Hooter’s Pro Cup and NASCAR Slim Jim late model series and has worked for a number of IRL teams.

Track variety, class structure, comprehensive technical inspection, race day schedule and event importance are all components of the Racing the Rockies regional program.

A special thank you goes to our class sponsors: Iron Horse Racing Collectibles, SFI, Inc, Billet Performance Karting, Hanley Motorsports, Mike’s Domestic and Japanese Auto, and Sterling Service, Inc. Thank you also to Mobile View. “Their commitment and support makes a strong series like Racing the Rockies possible” concludes Jim.

As home of the Denver Nuggets, the Colorado Avalanche, and the Colorado Mammoth teams, the Pepsi Center is a familiar location to racers and spectators from throughout the Rocky Mountain region. Participants, family and friends will share the excitement of racing in downtown Denver while being able to enjoy the benefits of the city. This is a great race venue with Elitch Gardens amusement park and the nightlife of lower downtown all located adjacent to our track site.

Racers will have access to the paddock as of 8am Friday, August 7. Controlled practice will take place throughout the day on Saturday. Qualifying occurs Saturday at 5pm. Preliminary races and main events will occur on Sunday.

The event schedule, track map and race registration are available on our website.
    For more information contact The Track at 303-706-9300 or visit us at http://www.thetrack.us

RogerBonham
    Participant

For those of you that remember Steamboat and Greely, well you might as well forget those and begin to remember Pepsi… This flipping race sounds like nothing ever put on….

Enter..
    Experience..
    Enjoy..

3E technology…….

Rog…

Mike Jansen
    Participant

Jim,

Spectators (friends) are asking the following and I don’t know the answers:
    1) where do they park?
    2) should they bring chairs or will there be bleachers?
    3) can we bring a BBQ grill for post race and post qualifying festivities or will there be a caterer?
    4) I imagine we should bring a fire extinguisher to keep the DFD happy, right?

Garrick Mitchell
    Participant

Ditto Mike’s questions… And any parking or gate fees? I’ll shoot a note out to the entire office with that info.

Sheldon Potter
    Participant

Also, wondering about food/refreshment (non alcoholic), water concessions/availability for spectators, as well as any restrictions on what spectators can carry in (eg cameras, etc.).

Also, aside from parking fees, what spectator entry fees for what areas (e.g. additional fees for certain primo viewing locations and so on)?

Thanks – Sheldon

Chris Wogrin
    Participant

For what its worth I was at Elitches today and checked out the light rail, there is a stop right at the Pepsi center so thats a good option as well.
    Looking forward to the racing even if the boys and I will just be watching. Have fun and stay safe.
    The Wogrins

Jim Keesling
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Here are your answers…
    Spectators (friends) are asking the following and I don’t know the answers:
    1) where do they park?
    Pepsi Center Lot A or any of the surrounding lots. I don’t know if Pepsi is charging, but most likely.
    2) should they bring chairs or will there be bleachers?
    Bring chairs. Start finish line along free viewing. Lots of space.
    3) can we bring a BBQ grill for post race and post qualifying festivities or will there be a caterer?
    Both, but gas grills only. Dana who does the food at the Track on Race weekends will be there both days.
    4) I imagine we should bring a fire extinguisher to keep the DFD happy, right?
    You bet. No fuel in your trailer. Small jug outside near the generator if you are using one.

Lost 7 pounds today in the heat putting the track together. Lots of interest!

Thanks,
    Jim

Garrick Mitchell
    Participant

@Chris Wogrin wrote:

For what its worth I was at Elitches today and checked out the light rail, there is a stop right at the Pepsi center so thats a good option as well.

Take the C or E line, and you’ll be good as gold.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.