Racing Fuel Sources

Home Forums New to Karting Racing Fuel Sources

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sheldon Potter
    Participant

Hi all – Where in the Denver area (I live in Westminster) do you guys get your racing fuel?

How much are you paying and how do the sources make it available (fill your own jug, ## Gallon jugs, etc.)?

I’m running a Rotax 125, tag.

Thanks!

Sheldon Potter

Garrick Mitchell
    Participant

Buy it from the track. Regardless of how it’s sold, you’ll need your own plastic jug for mixing the oil with the fuel and for storing mixed fuel. If you haven’t already, get a Ratio-Rite or similar mixing cup to make dispensing the right amount of oil a snap.

Last time I was at Centennial, they were only selling 5-gallon jugs (you’ll need VP93 for your Rotax). The jug was 50-ish bucks, but that was last month… 😯

Anonymous
    Inactive

IMI would be the closest for you

Cost VP M93 ~ $9/gal

Garrick Mitchell
    Participant

@Garrick wrote:

Buy it from the track.

Lest there be any confusion, I meant “the track where you’ll be running.” Not “The Track” per se, although that’s the only place I have experience buying racing fuel.

Rodney Ebersole
    Participant

VP98 is also legal in a Rotax for Tag racing.

Garrick Mitchell
    Participant

@Freezeman wrote:

VP98 is also legal in a Rotax for Tag racing.

Not to hijack the thread, but this got me wondering… Do people actually have problems with detonation at this elevation? I’ve always been under the impression that higher octane equals lower energy density, so if you’re not detonating then it makes sense to stick with the lowest allowable octane. Or does TAG require 98? [EDIT: Yep, looks like it does. That’s good to know. Ditto for the use of Castor oil, which I hadn’t realized. http://www.tagracing.net/pdf/2008Homologation/2008_TAG_Rules.pdf]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.