New poster to the Karter

Home Forums General Discussion New poster to the Karter

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Rick Schmidt
    Participant

Hey guys,

Lost my account but have a new avatar! Went from a top ten poster to my 1st post. Think my hair is even growing back and I feel younger! Even Roman has more posts (3) than I do. I’ll go whippin by him though. Lol

Can’t wait to start racing!

Rick :cheers:

Tony LaPorta
    Participant

Nice new avatar Rick, sorry u lost ur old account :bs:

Mike Jansen
    Participant

your avtar is well… average

Now that Bhole guy, he’s got an avtar… 😀

I’m calling you to show me how to do it, the avtar the avtar…

Rick Schmidt
    Participant

Bhole certainly raised the bar for username and avatar. We can only look up to him at this point. :rotate:

Mike, don’t ask me how to do an avatar or you may loose your status as……….. biggest blow hard / uh hum………….. leading poster on the Karter! 😉

I’ve nearly posted more times than Roman already! :bs:

How about a new a “Front Brakes in Tag” thread? 👿 So I can catch back up! 😆

It’s all good! Go Marc! Get ya some Pro Kart booty this weekend!

Rick

Mike Edwards
    Participant

Rick….Cool picture, Can’t wait to see Welch’s avatar, Doug munching the head off a bat! 😆 Doug, I’m only kidding, you go girl.

Mikey

Kirk Deason
    Participant

Nice pic, newguy. I’m jealous. I need an avatar now, this will take time. Bhole is really on another level, he has advanced the game.

Rick Schmidt
    Participant

Kart45
    PostPosted: Thu 03 1, 2007 6:40 pm Post subject:
    Rick….Cool picture, Can’t wait to see Welch’s avatar, Doug munching the head off a bat! Laughing Doug, I’m only kidding, you go girl.
    Mikey

Now Mikey,
    I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time, holy smokes! You know….. Welch couldn’t just go through all of the mid life steps. He had to go straight to a sports car and biting the heads off of bats (God, I hope I never see him in eye liner) Anyway Dougey, make sure you chew it up good!!! Do Greg and Jeff know about this? And remember, Your wife can kick your a$$ up one side and down the other, and will only let out so much rein. So don’t go too deeply into the rock groupie scene. Stay with what you know, and know quite well, frankly! You go girl!

Kirk_Deason
    PostPosted: Thu 03 1, 2007 8:05 pm Post subject:
    Nice pic, newguy. I’m jealous. I need an avatar now, this will take time. Bhole is really on another level, he has advanced the game.

Kirk,

Bhole is a God!

And we need to get you in a Tag that is not so “Easy” but maybe competitive. A new 4-stroke? Come ride Romans Motori? Spin a Tax? a water cooled “Easy”? You’ve such a skinny little butt, but we can pad you into something that’ll fit. Heal the wing and come try a few new things this year. After all, you have the most beautiful crew of anyone (I’ve met your daughter, it doesn’t get any better) You’ll have so much fun this year regardless.

Mike Jansen
    PostPosted: Thu 03 1, 2007 6:09 pm Post subject:
    your avtar is well… average

Now that Bhole guy, he’s got an avtar… Very Happy

I’m calling you to show me how to do it, the avtar the avtar…

As a man….. Well you’re pretty average too!

Well Jansen,

Jansen, Jansen, Jansen,

You really have no avatar (can’t believe I’m still speaking to you)

And you really are an average little man… But we can discuss that on our own, I’ll show you the avatar secret if you don’t cry when you loose the current status you embrace. Hate to send you home crying once again Mike! But 20 laps…Hey!

I used to run with Marc in post’s. That was then, this is now!

Rick :loony:

Doug Welch
    Participant

If you have actually been to an original Black Sabath concert, raise your hand. Ozzie is just a simple burn out. Too many drugs in the ’70s. Much better was Iggy and The Stooges, or Psycadelic Stooges when I first saw them (1968).

No bat bitting for me.

Rick Schmidt
    Participant

I saw em twice! 😯

Kirk Deason
    Participant

And we need to get you in a Tag that is not so “Easy” but maybe competitive. A new 4-stroke? Come ride Romans Motori? Spin a Tax? a water cooled “Easy”? You’ve such a skinny little butt, but we can pad you into something that’ll fit. Heal the wing and come try a few new things this year. After all, you have the most beautiful crew of anyone (I’ve met your daughter, it doesn’t get any better) You’ll have so much fun this year regardless.

Thanks, Rick! My crew chief will be with me again this sunday (57 degrees!!)at the Track. I asked her last night before bed if she wanted to go to the racetrack on Sunday..her eyes lit up “I LOVE going to the racetrack, daddy!” Hearing things like that can make a crappy day at work just disappear. I’m a happy dad.

Now as for the Easy, I’m going to rename it THE DOMINATOR. So far, the equipment is not my problem. Last year I was learning the basics of maintenance, prep and buying the necessary gear to have a succesful day at the track. Some people pick it up right away and know what to change on the kart to fix any handling problems. I, however, am just now learning what a lap should feel like and this summer I will begin changing the setup to improve handling. It took me longer than most to get my a$$ calibrated to the speeds. A couple weeks ago (last warm spell) it felt like things were beginning to click and I could tell in at least two specific corners that I needed less rear grip to get the kart to turn. (last year I was oblivious to such things and was blinded by my huge grin)

I would LOVE to drive one of the new 4-strokes, if anyone is offering. That class will probably be my upgrade path in the next year or two, provided I ever get last year paid off, hahah.

I imagine I’ll be seeing a lot of karters out practising on Sunday, will you and Roman be at the Track?

Jon Romenesko
    Participant

I’ll be there! First time in the kart in far too long….better stay outta my way! :driver 😉

Rick Schmidt
    Participant

This weekend is for getting stuff ready to run.

AJ. has a 4-stroke you can ride, it is a really cool power band to drive. We can drop a seat insert in it for you. It’s kinda cool to drive a few different packages to give you a reference of what you do and don’t like.

It’s cool you’re picking up on the nuances of your machine. I had to make big changes to Romans kart without telling him, he came in and said “it won’t turn” I told him. o.k. that’s a push. Try making some sizable changes and feel the difference. You will find out what you like that way. We never changed an axle the 1st year Roman raced (unless it was bent) now we could try 2-3 a day.

There is nothing wrong with your kart, bye the way. It looks like it is a competitive package in Tag for some regions but when I saw Dustin Courter struggling to stay in the top 5-6 positions, I wondered if it was going to be competitive here. Have never run one though.

Have fun this weekend.

Rick

Anonymous
    Inactive

Man that sure is a nice looking kart about to pass that GP, ha, ha, ha

Rick Schmidt
    Participant

Pretty sure Roman was putting a lap on that nice looking kart! :idn:

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.