LO206 Rain Tires

Home Forums General Discussion LO206 Rain Tires

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    richardhensley
    Participant

Two Questions:

Are we going to run LO206 in the rain? (I hope the answer is yes!!!!)

What rains are we going to run? (I hope the answer is what you can find, and I’m open to a spec)

If you don’t have 180mm rear wheels, it’s a bit of a scramble to find some, so I would start today.

Zac Dieter
    Participant

Sunday May 3 at Action Karting
    Rain or Shine
    L.O. 206 Duro tires
    TAGs and Shifters open tires
    Kid Karts, Jr1, Jr2 open rain tires if declared a rain race.

CJKC

richardhensley
    Participant

Zac, is it safe to use duro tires during a rain race? Is it even worth while?

richardhensley
    Participant

I just connected with Jim at The Track. LO206 class will have open rains for a declared race. Jim will be sending an e-mail and posting to thetrack.us

Thanks

Zac Dieter
    Participant

Great questions Richard, Everyone has to answer those questions for themselves every time they go to any event. While it’s no secret using duro tires will not provide excellent grip, everyone will have the same grip. You don’t need to purchase any additional tires, that might not even be necessary during the isolated storms that are usually accompanied with lightning that will delay or shorten the event. With that being said is it worth to go to Action Karting on Sunday with a possibility of rain to compete for CASH, points and prizes while not worrying about purchasing another set of tires. I think so.
    Zac Dieter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.