Kart numbers

Home Forums General Discussion Kart numbers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Not sure where to ask this but….. Who do the newbies contact for the numbers for their karts?

Thanks
    Tim

Rick Schmidt
    Participant

Fuzzy,

Angie can help. She can be contacted through this site.

Also look at a Csc race on MyLaps and see what numbers are taken in the class you want.

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=254277

Angie also post’s an entry list as people rgister for the series, with numbers given on a 1st come 1st serve basis. With priority given to previous number holders.

Rick

Anonymous
    Inactive

“51” is taken in Tag masters. I have had for 8 yrs and will continue with it. :wave

Tony LaPorta
    Participant

post deleted

Joe Hawley
    Participant

Jim and I both seem to have the 84 number

Uber Wagon
    Participant

Troy Smith
    Participant

Tim aka Fuzzy:

As correctly stated, Angie controls the numbers for the CSC locally. You don’t need to worry about anyone else in a different class, only your class. Different classes run different colored number plates (rear) and you can have the same number as someone in a different class.

As a quick fyi…

generally (and as a measure of respect) numbers 1 – 10 in the pure form are left open for Nationally ranked drivers and current National Champions. You will see the numbers 1 – 10 used locally (most people aren’t brash enough to run #1 unless they have the stones & talent to back it 😮 ) with a letter behind them. For example, Roman Guiterez runs number 7X in the TaG Masters & TaG 4 Stroke Class. You will see local guys w/ a letter behind their number…this is an indicator that they either have the same number as someone else and are not willing to change it so they run a letter or they race nationally (stars or skusa) and are either assigned the letter or choose it as someone else has the duplicate number.

Hope this helps…

Troy

Anonymous
    Inactive

So is there a registration fee for the number or do I just show up, at a race, with that number and hope no one else has it? Do we have to register the numbers with the individual tracks?

Tim

Troy Smith
    Participant

Fuzzy:

CSC:
    No ‘registration fee’ for the number. If I remember correctly, there is a yearly fee to be a part of the CSC. Angie will post the form in the next few months for registration of driver and number. At that time, you fill it out and send it in or you PM her and ask about the availablity of the desired number; then you fill out the form…etc. Once registered w/ Angie, you have registered your number w/ the CSC and you are ‘good to go’ at any CSC event at any track hosting a CSC event.

Local Club:
    If you are racing at the Club Level at a local track (CRE or IMI/The Track or Bandimere), this is different. If you are racing at the Club level, then you will register your number at the local club. I believe this a phone call (I raced CSC last year and only one club race, not for points, so I was not registered w/ a local Club Series).

National:
    If you plan to really get crazy and race a national race in your first year, you will need to join whichever organization, SKUSA or Stars, and pay their fee & register your number.

By and large, numbers are for the people watching you to identify your kart on the track and for you to have your ‘number’ on your kart. You are ‘tracked’ & scored when racing by a transponder placed on your kart which has a code imbedded into it. This ‘code’ is tracked via computer by the race officials and feeds them lap times to the .00X, position on track, etc. You can rent a transponder and they typically run $5 – $10/event or you can buy your own (one company sells them and I think they’re about $300…I haven’t looked in a while as I rent one). If you purchase one, you also register the transponder number w/ the various race officials…same as your number plate number.

Let me know if you need more information.

Troy

Anonymous
    Inactive

@TG Smith wrote:

Tim aka Fuzzy:

As correctly stated, Angie controls the numbers for the CSC locally. You don’t need to worry about anyone else in a different class, only your class. Different classes run different colored number plates (rear) and you can have the same number as someone in a different class.

As a quick fyi…

generally (and as a measure of respect) numbers 1 – 10 in the pure form are left open for Nationally ranked drivers and current National Champions. You will see the numbers 1 – 10 used locally (most people aren’t brash enough to run #1 unless they have the stones & talent to back it 😮 ) with a letter behind them. For example, Roman Guiterez runs number 7X in the TaG Masters & TaG 4 Stroke Class. You will see local guys w/ a letter behind their number…this is an indicator that they either have the same number as someone else and are not willing to change it so they run a letter or they race nationally (stars or skusa) and are either assigned the letter or choose it as someone else has the duplicate number.

Thanks for the info. Makes sense.

We use low numbers simply because that is what my kids like:

One son is #3 because he likes Helio Castroneves (years before the Dancing thing).
    One son is #7 because he got his first kart for his 7th birthday.
    My daughter is #5 because is is right between 3 and 7.

Wish there was some other reason, but hey, their kids 😀

Hope this helps…

Troy

Troy Smith
    Participant

Faith & Eric’s Dad:

Sorry, I should have been more clear and more sensitive…Fuzzy is, I believe, looking to race at the Masters Level so I didn’t bring kid karters into the discussion, my apologies.

Yes, lots of smaller racers choose their numbers based on age, favorites, etc and that’s great stuff…love to see them out there racing!

Troy

Angie MacEwen
    Participant

I see you guys have jumped in to answer the questions, Thanks!

I will get a list going soon, posting classes and numbers as they are taken. Usually the existing racers have dibs on the numbers they have been running, and after that it is on a first paid basis with the CSC. Club racing is a little different, and we probably won’t make you change your number, but it is much nicer to not have duplicates. An easy fix there could be adding a letter, etc.

Angie

Anonymous
    Inactive

Angie

Im planning on racing only at the club level…..do I register my number or just show at the track and hope no one has it?
    I saw the registration form for last season for the IMI/TTAC series…..Is that what I need to fill out and that secures my number?

Does each track have the transponders, do I just get them on race day or do I need to rent them for the season?

TIm

Kirk Deason
    Participant

@fuzzy wrote:

Angie

Im planning on racing only at the club level…..do I register my number or just show at the track and hope no one has it?
    I saw the registration form for last season for the IMI/TTAC series…..Is that what I need to fill out and that secures my number?

Does each track have the transponders, do I just get them on race day or do I need to rent them for the season?

TIm

Tim, at the club level, people don’t get too uptight about much. Just don’t try and use #46 in TaG Fat/Old. That’s my number. I let Valentino Rossi use it since he’s in a different series. However, if you register and get your check to Angie before me…

Regarding the transponder…take a deep breath and buy one. They aren’t cheap (around 200 bucks) but the ones that the series or track owners have as rentals are running on their last legs. In addition, people are gently ‘encouraged’ to purchase their own since the outlay for a track owner or series promoter to supply them for all racers is pretty hefty. A transponder can be purchased from Brad at IMI or from Barry at Billet Performance in Parker. I’m sure George at CRE has them for sale as well if you live down south.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Kirk

I do have questions…….and maybe a suggestion….could we share the number 46….now listen to me before you say no….. we build a two seater kart…..alot like the drving school indy type cars….you can drive I got no problem with that….as long as you can stand me complaining about your driving. What do you think :loony:

Seriously though when I buy a transponder its mine correct………can I sell it with the kart….if I ever decide to do so.

Tim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.