Is Charles doing o.k.?

Home Forums General Discussion Is Charles doing o.k.?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Rick Schmidt
    Participant

We are thinking about him and his family, hoping his injuries are minimal and that he recovers fully and soon.

Mike Edwards was standing right there and was one of the first to get to him, he said it was the worst flip he’d seen in karting. Whoever noticed he had forgotten his neck collar, thank you, and thank you race control and the Masters group for waiting for him to get that piece of gear on. Good sportsmanship.

Charles is always so much fun to race with, and performs very well, particularly for being a one man show at many of the races.

If he is able and has the desire to keep racing this season, I’m sure there are many people out there willing to help him get going again. Roman and I certainly would help him.

Anyway. Get well Charles!

Rick

edupin
    Participant

What happened?
    Are you talking about Charles Gordon?

Rick Schmidt
    Participant

Yes Eduardo,

Charles took a nasty tumble after the “jump” He was conscious and moving but was taken by ambulance to receive medical attention. Just hoping he is alright.

His Shockwave / Rotax is certainly secondary to his recovery and condition. But looks like there is going to be little usable from the machine.

Rick

Angie MacEwen
    Participant

Just heard through the grapevine that he is doing ok. Apparently nothing broken, just a severely sprained wrist.

His kart may be another story….

:sun:

Brad Linkus
    Participant

Charles just left the shop picking up his trailer. He did not break anything, just brused and scraped. He is more worried about getting his kart back together. Charles still has a good attitude considering what he went through. His kart looks like it can be repaired.

cgordon
    Participant

Hi everybody,

I just want to drop a note to let you know that I didn’t have any serious injuries and to thank everyone who helped me yesterday. My only injury is a badly sprained wrist. It’s amazing that after such a violent accident that my only discomfort is the wrist and a badly bruised back.

Even though I never unconscious, I was pretty disoriented for a few minutes after the accident so I don’t remember everyone that was there. This is the first time I’ve been hurt since I started driving competively in 1970, and I can’t tell you how much it meant to me to see familiar faces at the accident scene, for Troy to visit me at the hospital,and for the phone calls and posts on the internet asking how I was doing.

Thank you to the all the people on the accident scene- track personnel, Mike, paramedics, and firemen. Though I didn’t want to be the one to test it, our safety crew did everything they should have. Thank you also to the Pre-grid workers who noticed that I had forgotten to put on my neck collar. I hate to think what could have happened if I had gone out without it. The doctors and nurses at the Northern Colorado Medical Center were great too, and were very thorough in their examination and did everything they could to make me comfortable.

Also a special thanks to the karters who packed up my equipment and drove my trailer to IMI. I’m really sorry that I’m not sure who actually did that.

I also want to report that all my safety equipment performed well. My KBC helmet was scratched, but didn’t crack. My Sparco driving suit kept me from getting any abrasions. It proves that having the best safety equipment is worth the money.

I hope I did not leave anyone out. All the offers of help and the actions of everybody yesterday show again that the Colorado Karting community is the best.

Thank you all,
    Charles

Kirk Deason
    Participant

Dang Charles! Witnesses said your kart flipped about 8 times. It’s great to hear that you are in one piece. Heal up and we hope to see you back in action soon.

Jason Benoit
    Participant

Good to hear your ok. We were sitting right in turn one when it all happened. Pretty scary for a few moments.

Angie MacEwen
    Participant

Charles, it is so good to hear you are doing ok! Thanks for posting. There were some tense moments following your wreck, until we got word that you were up, alert, and you were going to be alright.

:sun:

Angel Ramirez
    Participant

CHARLES, Nice to hear that you are doing OK we hope to see you soon racing again.

INTERNATIONAL BROKERS TEAM

Angel ramirez #89
    Luis ramirez # 88
    Eduardo pinzon #13f
    Sergio quintanilla #5

Rick Schmidt
    Participant

Great to hear Charles!!!

Everyone wanted to help you with whatever needed to be done. The Tag Masters race was dedicated to you and was called after your incident. The drivers voted to call it a race after the track went red for 30 minutes or so. The lure of a cold beer after waiting could have been a factor too!

Glad your O.k.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Charles- glad to hear your ok, we were the guys who got your stuff back to IMI. We were in the pit next to yours- busily changing tie rods, tie rod ends, steering columns, etc. so not much time for introductions. If anything, your crash calmed the shifter field down they all made it through cleanly for once…
    Good luck getting the kart back together!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Charles,

You are too old to be flipping around. Glad to hear you are a-okay. Get that kart ready for the Grands. Hope Mary has calmed down. I assume your went over somebody’s rear wheel so, rear bumpers anyone?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Charles,

Really glad to hear you are ok. Thanks for giving us an update. Hope your not too sore and have a fast recovery. Look forward to seeing you at the track soon.

Take care,

Tony

Anonymous
    Inactive

Charles, great to hear you’re ok! You gave us quite a scare… guess you’ll really be looking to replace that suit now!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.