Invite to TAG racers Oct 5th at CRE

Home Forums General Discussion Invite to TAG racers Oct 5th at CRE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am taking my Leopard down to CRE for the October 5th race day just to play. I have been told if we can get at least 4 TAG karts we have a race. I would think this would give the Rotax guys 2 races if they where interested.
    I hope there are a few of you that will come out.

I have also been told that the CRE event on the 14th is a open IKF event which again means if we have some TAG racers that have an interest we have a race.

Marc Elliott
    Participant

Ill race, thats 2 drivers, 2 leopards, i am close enough in SR age so that should be no problem

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hope to see you there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey! This is great news!

But I don’t see 10/5 on George’s or Angie’s calendar. Are you sure about the date?

I could be coerced into showing up so you guys have an ass to kick!

Don’t count me in for sure, but I’d sure like to come down.

Will we get to play with the CRE Rotaxians? That would be cool.

Anybody know how to get ahold of Chris Thode? He might be up for it.

Keeslng might go. Then we’d have a Sonik.

Maybe Jack W. will have his Leopard by then. That would kick ass!

Would we have to join IKF for the 10/5 date? Is there a temp license? How much?

Anonymous
    Inactive

No you will not have to join IKF for either the Oct 5th or the 14th
    The 5th is a reschedule due to the Rotax Nationals this weekend.
    If my wife will let me out on Sunday (I am home 2 weekends in a row, she doesn’t know what to do with me) this weekend I will run down and let you guys know what a good starting point for gears will be.

The races are $40.00 and $42.00 for shifters

Chaz come on down, you can get in my ICC Kart for a few laps. I am going to try to run both.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I will probably make the latter race, but may need some help transporting my karts to CRE – any volunteers?

Marc Elliott
    Participant

did Jack Warrington buy a leopard, or who did, becuase my dad saw a 100cc avanti getting assembled last week at AK

Marc Elliott
    Participant

What is an apropox. gear ratio for a leopard at CRE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Marc Elliott wrote:

What is an apropox. gear ratio for a leopard at CRE

I’ve been thinking about that. The fact and the short answer to your question is that nobody knows. Noone we know has run a Leopard at CRE, so your guess is probably as good as mine.

I used to run a piped yamaha kt100. At IMI we would run something like 7.6:1. At CRE you wanted 8:1.

Now, a ratio in the neighborhood of 6.7:1 works pretty good for a Leopard at AK. You can run a bit higher at IMI if not the same ratio. If the math works the way I’m thinking it does (and based on my kt experience), gearing between 7:1 and maybe 7.4 should be about right for CRE. Personally, I’d start with 7 and work from there.

Remember CRE isn’t a speed track. Not like AK’s current configuration and certainly not like IMI. The longest straight is about 450 feet if memory serves. It’s one of those tracks where you really want to get off the corners well, because there aren’t enough straights to make up for poor exit speed.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Mitch Wright wrote:

No you will not have to join IKF for either the Oct 5th or the 14th
    The 5th is a reschedule due to the Rotax Nationals this weekend.
    If my wife will let me out on Sunday (I am home 2 weekends in a row, she doesn’t know what to do with me) this weekend I will run down and let you guys know what a good starting point for gears will be.

The races are $40.00 and $42.00 for shifters

Chaz come on down, you can get in my ICC Kart for a few laps. I am going to try to run both.

Mitch,

right at the moment, I’m unsure if I can attend. I’d like to, but we’ll have to see how next week shapes up.

If I can fit in your seat, I’d love to try your IC.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My uneducated guess based on my shiter experiance at CRE and what I have use on my Leopard at AK and IMI, I am starting with 7.5 to1
    If I get down there this weekend I will let you know.

Dennis where do you or where does your kart live?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mitch,

My kart lives on the south side of wash park – basically Downing and Louisiana. I really want to go, but I just sold my trailer and will need a ride.

The gearing that I ran at CRE for a rotax was a 12/79 to 12/81 depending on where I qualified. Just to give everybody an idea of similar gearing that we are familiar with I run a 12/75 at IMI.

CRE is a blast to drive – when you go bareling down the front stretch into a sweeping banked left handed corkscrew corner is a blast – hit it right and you are flying – hit it wrong and you are in the marbles. The whole track is very tight and technical with some very good passing opportunities. The leopards and bilands should do very well there.

Hope to see everybody there – ride permitting.

Dennis

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dennis,

Send me an e-mail at [email protected] I have a firend in that area that makes the trip to CRE. I will see if I can hook you up if you haven’t made arrangements yet.

I can’t seem to login in to send you a privte e-mail.

Marc Elliott
    Participant

Dennis, if you are still in the market for a new chassis, the offer is still open if you want to take a spin in ours.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll bolt on the extra weight to run with you guys…..if you come down.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.