IMI Paving is done!!

Home Forums General Discussion IMI Paving is done!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Brad Linkus
    Participant

We just finished the track and the parking lot addition. It looks great. Ginger is going out for a few laps to see how they did. We may not open the track for race karts until Sunday or Monday, I will let you know. :cheers:

Brad Linkus
    Participant

Gringer gives the paving guys a A. She only found 1 small bump.

jj
    Participant

So will you be open Sunday?

Brad Linkus
    Participant

We will be open for all karts Sunday. The track is a little slick, we have been doing kart rentals all day with no problems with the track surface.

Taylor Broekemeier
    Participant

Brad, how thick did they lay the asphalt? Is there a big shoulder to the grass?

Brad Linkus
    Participant

The top is 2″-6″ depending on how the laser tracked the base. We will be filling in the edges next week. If you go off now its a 2″-6″ drop in some places. The surface is very smooth and the track seems wider.

Ben Schermerhorn
    Participant

Pics?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Have the edges been filled in yet?

Greg Welch
    Participant

I was out there today and they weren’t yet, but the track looks REALLY good. Can’t wait to drive it tomorrow.

Curt Kistler
    Participant

OK, nobody else will talk about it so I will.

We were out on Saturday and the track surface is awsome smooth. Matt was flying around on green asphalt at CSC speeds and times. Records will fall this summer as rubber gets laid down.
    The hill is very sharp at the top allowing all four to come up at the apex. We ran clockwise Saturday and the air time was minimal. Counter Clockwise is going to be very tricky for the faster karts as they will be in mid air when they should be setting up for the lefty. Time will tell and I am sure Brad is aware of this.
    We had a good test session even with those pesky two wheel things on track at the same time.

Thanks Brad for the investment. We now have three of the best tracks in the country in our state. Hats off to all of the track owners. :cheers:

Ken Bort
    Participant

Would like to echo the sediments of Curt.

“Thanks Brad for the investment. We now have three of the best tracks in the country in our state. Hats off to all of the track owners.”

We were out there sunday, clockwise. Nicole and I had the discussion about the hill as well.

We had a good test session. Those pesky two wheel things ran seperate sessions on sunday which worked out good for all.. :sun:

Greg Johnson
    Participant

Cool , another jump! I was told that the jumps where added for us ex Moto X guys!! 8)

Brad Linkus
    Participant

Greg,

You should not have a problem, you won’t catch air unless you have a fast kart. We are going to video a fast kart going over and then have the rise milled at less of an angle so you stay on the ground. It looks like up to a inch will have to come off for about 12 feet.

Tony LaPorta
    Participant

Hey Brad,
    any idea on when u guys should get the magnetic strips layed down?

Thank’s

Road Runner
    TaG Jr #20

Joe Hawley
    Participant

We were also out there last weekend, and thanks again for the investment. It?s a very fast and smooth track, I think it?s great.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.