How about a street race in Colorado Springs?

Home Forums General Discussion How about a street race in Colorado Springs?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Doug Welch
    Participant

Some of you may know that Colorado Springs is hosting a speed week this year culminating in the Pikes Peak Hill Climb. There will be rock concerts, custom bike shows and rallys, custom car shows and a freestyle motoX demonstration in downtown Colorado Springs. Many corporate sponsors are behind this event including Red Bull. I have been asked to help organize a kart demonstration race. The race would be sunday, June 27 in a temperary parking lot right in the heart of downtown Colorado Springs.

The event would be a demonstration race with the eye towards next year when the organizer wants to do a full blown street race. I have laid out a street course that has unbelivably good asphalt and would be a great race course. Next year the race would be part of an AMA Supremotard event.

The event this year will be a bit low key with the emphasis on show and not on winning. What I hope we can demonstrate is that karts are fun and affordable. The organizers are expecting 50,000+ to be downtown on Sunday and we would be right in the action.

We would limit the event to only 5 classes depending on participation and we may consider combining classes so that everyone who wants to can play. The 5 classes we are considering now are;
    kid kart
    junior 1
    80 junior shifter
    Tag senior
    125 shifter

This would give spectators a good exposure to karting and all its levels. There would be a modest entry fee to cover insurance and other minimal expenses such as participation awards. This would be a low key, high exposure, FUN event. Spectators would have compete access to your pit and you can expect to answer many, many questions.

Who’s up for it? I think we will have to limit the event to around 100 racers.

Call me (303-781-7829) or post here if you are interested. I will give more information as I get it.

I have meet these promotors several times and taked over the phone, many times more. This the real deal folks.

Curt Kistler
    Participant

Count us in Doug. BTW, your half right, Karting is fun. The jurry is out on affordibility when you need to go fast.

Ben Schermerhorn
    Participant

I think you already talked to my Dad and we are in!

Mike Jansen
    Participant

Count me in Doug. I am sure I’ll give the crowd a thrill when they see my kart on 3 wheels like I did in Grand Junction last week
    :bang

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d love to do it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Doug,
    Conner and I would be interested in doing it!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d be interested. Senior Tag.

Loren Squires

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would

TaG Senior

Mike Edwards
    Participant

Doug……You can count Sydney and Tyler in!

Mike Edwards

hotwheels1517
    Participant

My son and I would love to participate . Brandon Moore # 77

Zev
    Participant

8)

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can count Duff and myself in.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Were in how about Tag Jr and Kid Karts

Anonymous
    Inactive

Doug,
    Great plan James Michael ( Junior I) would participate. Let me know if I can help with contacts.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Doug,

Count the Zipnby racing team in for two kid karts, one jr one and one 125 pro

Sounds like fun.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.