Hey Geezers–Time to stop hibernating & start racing Feb. 20

Home Forums General Discussion Hey Geezers–Time to stop hibernating & start racing Feb. 20

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Butler Cox
    Participant

Craig Mansfield & I are inviting all geezers to join us for frivolity & speed at Craig’s Peak 1 Racing for Heros event at Unser’s on February 20th.

There’ll be awards for these geezer classes: Age 50-59, Age 60-69, Age 70 & up. (Rodney…swap those ice spikes on the 20th for warmth indoors, food, racing & the Daytona 500 on BIG screen, PLUS…

Starting at 11a.m, there will be seminars and kart displays:
    • A J Noud of Rocky Mountain Kartworks (303-587-4656) will talk about front-end alignment instructions using tape and lasers
    • Barry Lewis of Billet Performance Kart (303-841-4855) will show the use of his Dyno and the aid it gives in tuning your motor and
    • Doug Welch of Shockwave Karting (303 781-7829) will show the proper ways to install your seat and its ramifications.

• All racers can compete on rental karts for prizes using a handicapped scoring system. Sponsors and their families can race for bragging rights in their groups.

• Watch the Daytona 500 on the flat screens at the track, starting the kick off of the NASCAR season as Jimmy goes for six.

• Colorado karters and sponsors will be issued an arm bracelet for admission to the lunch and for special rates on kart rentals during the event

• As part of the opening round for RACE FOR HEROES, there will be a special race series for the Military Challenge: Buckley Air Force versus Fort Carson Army.

*** And bring your grandkids, Unser’s has their new kid karts just for them.

Time for that Master’s bunch to get a few grey hairs, Geezers: let’s get out there and give them some!

We’ll be running the Unser karts which are a hoot on their neat track. You’ve gotta see this place, if you haven’t yet. It’ll blow your SuppHose off! Here’s a great chance to come and not only race, but eat and make merry with some great Colorado karters and support a very, very worthy cause. SO, on Daytona Sunday, get out of our armchair, join us, and mix the watching with some fun racing

And we certainly welcome all Geezerettes, too.

Let’s really show our troops that us Geezers stand behind our GIs! :flag

Questions? Please post them in this topic for everyone’s edification.

edupin
    Participant

Sounds like a lot of fun… I will get the rest of the International Brokers buds to come along and enjoy the festivities!

Russ McGrane
    Participant

How about a “Part-time Geezer” class for us 45 year olds. Dependent on my lower back….some days I feel like a kid and some days I definitely feel like a geezer, so I think that makes me a part time geezer…. 😀

Butler Cox
    Participant

Well…we are considering a semi-geezer’s social in the Unser’s Atrium. Physicals required for entry. :redman

[email protected]
    Participant

Butler:

Great concept, and Best Wishes for a great event!

Butler Cox
    Participant

Thanks, Eric.

This will be our first indoor geezering and I’m glad it’ll be at Unser Racing. Great place with really great people.

Especially if Rodney can come in from the cold.

BC

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.