Greatest ever???

Home Forums General Discussion Greatest ever???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike Jansen
    Participant

I cannot believe anyone hasn’t commented about Valentino Rossi’s 9th World Championship! They race in Malaysia and right before the start there’s a monsoon. Rossi doesn’t go and change the setup to wet AND HE STILL TAKES P3 for World Championship!

So we’ve got a teeny weeny bit of snow! I thought for sure someone would comment on this.

By the way, it’s 60 and cloudy at my house… 8)

Scott Mowrey
    Participant

Sorry, a Schumacher fan here. I won’t race on anything with less than 4 wheels (it’s a self-preservation thing…). But an impressive career nonetheless!

Wonder if Jim would let us race in the snow on our wets? Has anyone tried it?

Kirk Deason
    Participant

Citation needed where you got your info that Rossi was not running a wet setup. If he had rain tires on, he definitely had a soft suspension setup AND the proper ignition maps.

I spent a happy Sunday in front of the tube watching four great hours of bike racing. For once, Speed didn’t ruin my viewing experience. 2 pivotal World Superbike races, the 250GP race and then the MotoGP race. Fantastic. Every race was a nailbiter. I was even more pumped for WSB than GP because i KNEW Rossi would clinch, he only had to finish fourth and was sitting on pole. I did not expect the wet race, though. Then in WSB Spies was 10 points down on Haga and had to WIN both races. The first race he won convincingly after an unfortunate Haga crash from tenth on the grid. Spies then had to finish 6th or better in race two, which he did–barely–following some ridiculous moves by Biaggi. I was nervous about the Roman because he had taken Spies out once earlier in the year.

I have to comment on Stoner’s dominance, though. That kid is an Alien. He was lapping EASILY 2 seconds faster than Rossi in the wet. I don’t know where his speed comes from. He makes his teammate on equal equipment look like he is not even trying.

Doug Haner
    Participant

@Scott Mowrey wrote:

Wonder if Jim would let us race in the snow on our wets? Has anyone tried it?

There was some talk about ice racing a year or two back. Not sure what came of it. Although a couple of guys participated in an arena ice race with some traveling moto/quad/kart ice racing group about the same time.

Screw rain tires though, MG yellows with some drywall screws would be a blast!!!

Mike Jansen
    Participant

@Kirk Deason wrote:

Citation needed where you got your info that Rossi was not running a wet setup. If he had rain tires on, he definitely had a soft suspension setup AND the proper ignition maps.
    I have to comment on Stoner’s dominance, though. That kid is an Alien. He was lapping EASILY 2 seconds faster than Rossi in the wet. I don’t know where his speed comes from. He makes his teammate on equal equipment look like he is not even trying.

My cousin from England called and told me about the post race interviews. Rossi said they didn’t have time to change setup so other than tires he did what he did. My question is if Stoner and Ducati had the same information or did they anticipate better and take the gamble since they had nothing to lose. Like at Donnington Park earlier this year (forget the driver who came in and switched to rains IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RACE)

Regaurdless, Stoner drove a heck of a race and we’ll see what happens next year, it will be good.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.