Good Luck! Race Safe

Home Forums General Discussion Good Luck! Race Safe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I just wanted to wish all of the CSC 2005 competitors a “good season” as it starts this weekend. Colin and I will miss all of our friends. 😥

Good luck, good competition and above all, remember why you’re out there and keep it safe! 🙂

I’m planning to attend a local race or two and would be happy to lend a hand if needed……Freezeman: I will be available to make sure your beer is within spec! 😯

Wayne & Colin MacGregor
    #28 Pro Shifter-2004

Ben Schermerhorn
    Participant

It was one of the craziest races I have been too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You pay enough for an E-Ticket ride, you get an E-Ticket ride… 😀

stacey cook
    Participant

Ben, It was the most Bizarre weekend I have ever seen!! thank God that everyone is going to be ok….

Doug Welch
    Participant

Must be all that polluted air blowing in from China, I talked with one of my dealers in New York this morning. It sounds like their event at Beaver Run this weekend was much like ours in grand Junction.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What happened? Can someone fill me in? I heard Dennis flipped?

Brad Linkus
    Participant

I heard there were 13 racers that went on their heads, is that a true story?

Taylor Broekemeier
    Participant

That sounds about right Blink.
    I think most of those 13 were all in the Mini Max class, they had the most carnage. The TaG Sr/Masters class was next in line with 3 nasty crashes within 20 seconds.

Mike Jansen
    Participant

My opinion:

Fast track, begining of the season, everyone’s a little amped to begin and viola. You have a few overly Agressive passes and accidents occur.

PLEASE, would you all learn (and teach your kids) what the flags mean! I don’t know what class it was (kadets???) but the remaining field was stopped at the start finish line and the back markers came through the final corner like they were on fire. That, was an accident I didn’t want to see and I turned my back. Darren, whatever you did to stop the carnage, thank you.

GJMS, you did a great job organizing and getting us gridded and such. Kudos to you.

Suggestion: Please, if a transponder isn’t working you’d know in a lap or two. Black flag those transponder pilots, give them a new one and then they (still) have time to qualify. This happened to me @ Bandimere last year so we need to improve on that (still)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Very few were spared damage in the Tag Seniors / Tag Masters Final. Even the Ambulance took a hit on the front stretch. Bent up Jays kart pretty bad.

I took a spin on the first lap m?l?e though the chicane, which took out Mike Janson. It looked like from my view someone two wheeled it and ran over him. After that I wasn?t in much contact to see the other accidents.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Why so many spin outs, flips, etc?

How was the grip level of the track?

I find that after being in Norman, Ok , our tracks here have barely any grip at all.

:idn:

Marc Elliott
    Participant

Bingo to what Jansen said, it has been a while since a lot of people have raced and well…. But a very well run weekend, despite some issues, and the new SKUSA sanctioning moved things along well. Some people had complaints, but it’s the start of a new season, so everyone must be patient to allow time to get everything perfect. This has the potential to be a good year. Tech was there, fuel was teched coming off the track in qualifying, and I saw top 3 cylinders being checked and carb bores being checked as well. So this will help out everything. Hope to see more people in a few weeks at Bandimere.

Doug Welch
    Participant

@streets2trackracer wrote:

I find that after being in Norman, Ok , our tracks here have barely any grip at all.

The most grip I’ve ever seen in a track was 5 years ago, Canby, Oregon, PMT. The top class was running YGB tires (soft). The rubber was over 1 1/2″ thick in most corners. We were leaving tracks in it. After the race, a kid about 5 years old walked out on the track and got stuck, he couldn’t move. His older brother had to go out and pop him free.

The kids went out and picked up loose rubber and rolled it into balls the size of softballs and started throwing them at each other. Talk about pain.

Colorado tracks have never seen high grip, moderate at best.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Damn…….actually sounds like it must have been funny to see that little guy get stuck there. Good thing his bro got him out.

What parameters affect the level of grip?
    Humidity, etc? OK seemed very dry…….so :idn:

cgordon
    Participant

I think Mike is right about getting people to watch the flags. I was passed by two karts under a waving yellow flag while there was a stationary kart on the outside of the corner. Besides being against the rules, it’s an obvious safety issue. It’s also unfair. I didn’t make an issue of it yesterday since my kart was running so poorly, but if I had lost a good position that way I would have lodged a protest.

The rules for yellow flags should be reiterated at the next driver’s meeting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.