Gas/Oil mix

Home Forums General Discussion Gas/Oil mix

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What’s the easiest way to get the correct mix for racing fuel + 2-cycle oil for a Rotax 125? I see percentages, but seems like there must be a simpler method, yes?

CameraCourage
    Participant

Apparently the Ratio Rite is the simplest plan.
    http://www.motoworldracing.com/Ratio-Rite.html

Keep in mind, I am not talking from experience, but it was suggested when I was looking at 2 stroke motors.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@CameraCourage wrote:

Apparently the Ratio Rite is the simplest plan.
    http://www.motoworldracing.com/Ratio-Rite.html

Keep in mind, I am not talking from experience, but it was suggested when I was looking at 2 stroke motors.

That’d do it. Anyone know of a local source so I don’t have to order it?
    Thanks.

Mike Jansen
    Participant

any kart shop

cgordon
    Participant

I got mine at IMI.

Charles

Doug Welch
    Participant

We gottem, every kart shop should have one for you.

Garrick Mitchell
    Participant

Motorcycle shops carry Ratio Rite, too, as well as lubes, cleaners, foam filter oil…

Sorry guys, but I don’t live near any of the kart shops!!! 😥

Angel Ramirez
    Participant

YAMAHA VICKERY OR PERFORMANCE CYCLE SHOULD HAVE IT.

Rick Schmidt
    Participant

Buds Bro,

Support the kart shops whenever you can. Can you buy oil etc.. a little cheaper some where else? Maybe. But when you are running your kart and need something to keep running, they are much more willing to help you out.

If you circumvent the local shops for internet or bike shops for purchases, you maybe limiting yourself when you you really need them. The amount you might save is minimal in most cases. I’ve had shop owners take parts off of their own karts to keep me running, and totally saved my day.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Rick Schmidt wrote:

Buds Bro,

Support the kart shops whenever you can. Can you buy oil etc.. a little cheaper some where else? Maybe. But when you are running your kart and need something to keep running, they are much more willing to help you out.

If you circumvent the local shops for internet or bike shops for purchases, you maybe limiting yourself when you you really need them. The amount you might save is minimal in most cases. I’ve had shop owners take parts off of their own karts to keep me running, and totally saved my day.

I agree with this sentiment. I am happy to patronize the people who carry karting supplies in and around Denver when possible, because they actually seem to care about the sport and their customers in it. (Heck, if all they wanted to do is run a retail store, they could have picked a wider customer base!) So, sure–I’ll go to them first.

Thanks for the help!

Billet Performance
    Participant

Billet performance has over 200,000 dollars in stock of goKart parts
    we have everything only 5 miles from the track at Cenntinial located
    in Parker
    303-841-4855
    Thanks Barry Lewis

Bobby Sanchez
    Participant

We at IMI Motorsports have a small inventory but ratio rites are $3.00 and our dust is free…..

Brad Linkus
    Participant

Speak for yourself Bob, mine is big, biggest in the west. If Barry has $200k we must have $600k.

Billet Performance
    Participant

Not really sure why I ever post anything
    Somebody always has a smart A?? remark
    Just trying to help out Karters
    PS our ratio rites are $2.75
    Thanks
    Barry Lewis

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.