Denver –> Grand Junction 10/20 – who wants to go?

Home Forums General Discussion Denver –> Grand Junction 10/20 – who wants to go?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Leo Ahearn
    Participant

:hi

Assuming the weather holds, I have room in my rig for an additional driver, kart, and gear. Shifter, TaG, older junior racer, lets just go race!

Itinerary:

– Load up Thursday 10/17 or Friday 10/18, Morrison area
    – Leave Morrison area 10/19 Saturday at 8:30a :plane
    – Be on the track for test and tune Saturday by 1:30p :green
    – Rack out at a reasonably priced hotel in the area :zzz:
    – Race Sunday :~ :win
    – Be back in Morrison area around 9:00p

We can use my trailer, truck bed, EZ up, table, air, tire changing equipment, etc. Bring your own kart and spares. You can use my tools but if you are like me you’ll want your own box there.

Leo Ahearn
    ljahearn at me dot com
    springs area code + 237-4857

Ray Lovestead
    Participant

I’m driving out for the race too. Should be a great weekend. Cross your fingers that the weather is good.

I was out there just over the weekend. It rained like there was no tomorrow.

Ray

Cory Ross
    Participant

I hope you guys and some others make it over. Always a fun weekend club racing at GJMS.

As for the weather, let it rain just adds to the fun!
    It was dumping a few weeks ago and I had a ton of fun out on the track.

Craig Mansfield
    Participant

:usa: I am coming rain or shine. Do rain tires work in the snow? Hey Stacy seal the cracks?

Craig Mansfield
    KART RACING FOR HEROES

Eddy Wyatt
    Participant

Hey guys

Regardless of what you may have heard, I’m NOT getting out of karting just because I am stepping down from the PPKRC Race Director responsibilities for 2014 and plan to do some Rocky Mountain NASA events next year. I’m STILL committed to promoting Colorado kart racing, and support for the Kart Racing for Heroes Events in 2014.

Additionally, I’m going to try to make it to GJMS next weekend to have some fun with you all and encourage all the Colorado karters to join in as well. For many this may be the last opportunity to kart race this year.

Have a Great Weekend!
    Respectfully,
    Eddy
    :co

Dave Innes
    Participant

Eddy,

Glad to hear it. I am also planning on going to GJMS next weekend.

stacey cook
    Participant

Thanks everyone it is going to be a fun weekend. Anything we can do to make it easier for you to make the trip please let us know. We can also store your karts in the shop Saturday night if you want to throw them in a truck and come on over.

Dave Innes
    Participant

Stacey,

I’m going to need tires for the TaG class. Let me know if your out of stock.

Thanks,
    Dave

stacey cook
    Participant

Dave,

We have plenty of tires and fuel on hand. 93 and 98

Eddy Wyatt
    Participant

Weather permitting, I’m planning on heading over Friday morning. :green Doing some much needed practice Saturday to ready-up for Sunday. :rev

Not sure yet, however, we may be staying at the Clarion if the rates are reasonable.

Glad to hear you’re going too, Dave.

Thanks Stacey for the garage space offer, just may take you up on that. One vote for counter-clockwise….track direction.

Until next weekend, Take Care All,
    Eddy

stacey cook
    Participant

Eddy we have corporate rates at Clarion and Doubletree

Eddy Wyatt
    Participant

Cool Stacey. Is there a rate code or just simply tell them we are racing at GJMS?

Thanks,
    Eddy

stacey cook
    Participant

Eddy tell the you are with GJMS and they should give you the rate.

Don Dempster
    Participant

Hey Stacey we are planning on being there too. Will Darren be providing his patented cement mixer margaritas 😀

stacey cook
    Participant

LOL I am sure Darren can be persuaded. It sounds like we are going to have a great turnout. Both in shifter, tag and cadet.
    Thanks everyone in advance for coming over.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.