CSC Banquet – Dec 15 – Double Tree Hotel – Westminster

Home Forums General Discussion CSC Banquet – Dec 15 – Double Tree Hotel – Westminster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Angie MacEwen
    Participant

I know it is late in the year, hope it doesn’t interfere with your holiday plans.

Menu and details to follow

Be thinking about your picks for Mechanic of the Year, Most Improved Driver, Hard Luck Award, Pit Mom Award, etc. (email these to me as soon as possible)

One more thing…. Just a quick poll here… what do you guys (and gals) really like for awards? Mega trophies? Nice Plaque for the wall? Cups? Champion number plate? Do you like the jackets or sweatshirts? Would you rather have a set of tires?

Angie

Mike Jansen
    Participant

@Angie MacEwen wrote:

One more thing…. Just a quick poll here… what do you guys (and gals) really like for awards? Mega trophies? Nice Plaque for the wall? Cups? Champion number plate? Do you like the jackets or sweatshirts? Would you rather have a set of tires?
    Angie

I like the Jackets, it was always something to aspire towards.
    Champion number plate is good but some people don’t use them (why wouldn’t you?)
    I like the cups vs a mega trophy and a set of tires last for a race or so the hardware lasts forever…

Anonymous
    Inactive

A trophy or award for young drivers and maybe a product or gift card for older drivers.

Tony LaPorta
    Participant

Just a question here as a newb to end of the year celebration’s,
    Do you have the CSC and club series awards together, (same place same night)
    Or do the club series even have a banquet :idn:

Thank’s
    And congrat’s to all the CSC champ’s

Rick Schmidt
    Participant

Good question Tony. Someone else asked me if the banquet included the Rotax series and the Club series.

Told them to check with Angie. But let them know Imi / Csc has been combined for the banquet since we can remember. And as far as the Rotax things go, to check with Jim, we haven’t heard much in that way.

Rick

Tony LaPorta
    Participant

Cool thanks Rick.

Rodney Ebersole
    Participant

I all ready received my hard-ware award for trying to run the rotax series.
    Yep, it will last forever.
    I have been working on Romans award too, but it bent up, ended up a little to wide and turned green.

shawnjkelly2
    Participant

Trophy sounds fine! I will not br there to receive it though if the Banquet is the Thursday after Thanksgiving. I’ll be on vacation.

Shawn Kelly
    #02 TAG Senior
    Billet Racing

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is the club series going to be with the CSC banquet?

Anonymous
    Inactive

:bump

Brad Linkus
    Participant

Yes

Rick Schmidt
    Participant

Mike Jansen
    PostPosted:

…it was always something to aspire towards…

I like the cups…

Angie,

In the previous (unaltered but slightly edited quote) I’m picking up on a few things Mike would like. Would there be room to embroider “Csc Championship Tag Masters 2nd place” on a “Man (?) Thong? It is a very long garment. He mentioned he likes cups, but we really need to try to squeeze the cup and embroidery both on this very functional trophy for Mike. Gift that keeps giving type of thing. Of course, Mike will need to model while giving his awards presentation speech. :cheers:

This will make Bobby’s mike work and plastic butt cheeks seem Pg rated in comparison

Sheldon Potter
    Participant

@Rick Schmidt wrote:

Mike Jansen
    PostPosted:

…it was always something to aspire towards…

I like the cups…

… I’m picking up on a few things Mike would like. …a “Man (?) Thong? …He mentioned he likes cups, but we really need to try to squeeze the cup and embroidery both on this very functional trophy for Mike. Gift that keeps giving type of thing. Of course, Mike will need to model while giving his awards presentation speech….

Reading this thread while skimming for newbie related information, I see this! Oh my lord, what have I gotten myself into?

Once I get a kart of my own and eventually start trying to race a bit in the club races, I shudder to think about racing around at The Track, etc. if this standard of attire is adapted for racing.

These things tend to snowball! First it’s just awards, next thing you know people are wearing nothing but thongs and helmets or cups and helmets at Club races.

I’m not that smart, and I really worry about being able to concentrate, much less keep my lunch down if that happens. I can guess how great *I’d look (not) in an ensemble like that. Isn’t there some sort of rule about this?

Sheldon Potter

Rick Schmidt
    Participant

Sheldon,

Welcome to Colorado karting. It’s a great group of people. What class, chassis and engine are you thinking about?

Since you’re new, you probably didn’t see Mikes avatar. It wasn’t pretty and yes, it turned many stomachs!

Come to the swap meet and introduce yourself.

Rick

Mike Edwards
    Participant

Angie……Are the awards just for the CSC racers or will there be seperate awards for the club racers?

Mikey

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.