Back on topic: Diamond Grinding at TTAC

Home Forums General Discussion Back on topic: Diamond Grinding at TTAC

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Garrick Mitchell
    Participant

Since the original thread kind of, er, got off topic, I’ll start a new one.

Wow, what a day at The Track. Thanks, Jim, for smoothing out the surface. Between that and finally rebuilding the kart from the bare frame up (first time since I got it), I set an uphill time (57.34) just 2 tenths off of my best downhill time, and today I was running a downhill gear! :dance: Not trying to brag; I’m just stoked that everything finally clicked. Today was, in pretty much every respect, the best session I’ve had.

I didn’t get out there until late, but I was still kind of surprised how few testers were out there. Did I miss a big crowd earlier in the day? Or is Sunday “the” day to go? In any case, get out there and enjoy the rejuvenated surface.

Which culvert got taken out? It seems that running an Extron sprocket makes me hyper-paranoid about dropping a wheel off, so I didn’t go looking for it.

Mike Jansen
    Participant

If I had a seat (comes in Wednesday) I’d be out there too. :bang

I’m looking forward to checking it out. Good job Garrick, especially cleaning the kart from the frame up.

Jim Keesling
    Participant

Good morning,
    Big crowd early and afternoon. Lots of renters, new karters out with their new toys. Today should be a zoo as well.
    Tunes crankin’ from the tower now, and the downhill culvert, before the Red Bull start/finish line is gone. That one was the most concern. All run-off edges will be backfilled prior to race one….

See you at The Track (smooth style).

Jim

Garrick Mitchell
    Participant

@Jim Keesling wrote:

Good morning,
    Big crowd early and afternoon. Lots of renters, new karters out with their new toys. Today should be a zoo as well.

That’s what I figured, since I didn’t get out there until 4:00.

Looks like today is gonna be awesome… If you see someone on a red bike (bicycle) at TTAC later in the afternoon today, that’s me.

Jon Romenesko
    Participant

Had a rental kart out there on Sunday (’cause mine isn’t finished yet :bang ), the new diamond grinding is smoooooth. Very nice, thanks for doing that, Jim. I also approve of filling in the culvert. Can’t wait to get out there on my kart!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.