Yet another dumb question from a noob

Home Forums General Discussion Yet another dumb question from a noob

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I noticed CSC allows both the MG Yellow FZ and MZ. What is the difference?
    TIA

Anonymous
    Inactive

One starts with an M and one am F

Curt Kistler
    Participant

The 2007 CSC Rules have not been posted as far as I know. We only ran the FZ last year, or at least that was all the local tracks and shops were stocking.

The difference is in the shape of the tire. The MZ are square in appearance and the FZ are more rounded on top. The FZ was a better tire to tune with, and wore a lot better than the MZ.

The MZ looks like a rental kart tire, but with softer compound.

Hope this answers your question.

Mike Jansen
    Participant

@Curt Kistler wrote:

The difference is in the shape of the tire. The MZ are square in appearance and the FZ are more rounded on top.

Think Michelin’s tire when they were in F1 the year Williams had Ferrari on the ropes until Bridgestone and Ferrari whined that they exceeded the width of the tire’s footprint and had to be rounder ala B’stone…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just kidding,

I was speaking to the No. Am. disributor in Vegas and the MZ are being discontinued over a period of time. Prokart will still run them for now. The compund is the same in both tires but the contact patch is more squared off on the Mz and rounder on the FZ. The only diffence seems to be driver preference.

Their web site is.

https://www.mgtires.com/2006/index1.html

Rick

cgordon
    Participant

Graeme,

I got a lot more wear on the inside edges of the fronts when I ran MZs, so I preferred the FZs.

Charles

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks all. :cheers:
    FZ’s it is 🙂

RBI
    Participant

MZ are softer and faster but shred quicker. They fade after use the longer you go. Good tire to use if you can change after qualiying and a heat race.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.