World Formula Anyone??

Home Forums General Discussion World Formula Anyone??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MHPS Racing
    Participant

With the TAG motor craze in CO I’m curious as to how many teams out there would be interested in a sealed WF class in the Denver area tracks. Specifically, IMI & The Track.

This poll is not to imply a class will be added or that that Brad & Jim would even run it in the club series, but rather to see a “show of hands” for those interested.

Dave
    MHPS Racing
    http://www.MHPSonline.com

MHPS Racing
    Participant

The new World Formula type 8104 is coming soon. Briggs tells me in about 45 to 60 days. Looking at sotck around the nation the “old” WF’s are nearly gone.

Also, the 8003 type Animal is coming out this summer as well.

Just some info for those interested….

Dave
    http://www.MHPSonline.com

Les Prins
    Participant

There seemed to be a few interested in the World Formula this past spring and wanted to see if there were any others that would be interested for 2008. I have been running a World Formula on my kart with the kids and this motor has been solid all season. This motor would be a great motor for JR2 and as a starter class for a SR as a stepping stone at the club level to a faster TAG or shifter. The basic engine package is under $1000 except for a mount, silencer, wire harness and battery if you want to use the on board starter. It comes with a bullet proof clutch with 2 219 sprockets. You can also change to a 35 sprockets with that same clutch.

This package is popular out East, the West coast, Europe, and Canada for tight spec racing with minimal engine maintenance. The “World Formula” is an engine package was originally designed by the CIK to be a true spec 4 stroke engine rated at 15hp, 200cc’s, for under $1000 US and Briggs has been the only kart engine manufacturer that has met these specifications. I was just homolagated into the CIK until 2011 which means the motor will not change drastically for quite a few years. It has also been adopted by the WKA and IKF so this package can be raced in many places around the country. This motor is nothing like the old Briggs flathead or early Animal and with a 7100rpm rev limiter built in to it’s PVL electronic ignition, it is really very hard to hurt this engine, unless you forget to put in oil.

The current engine for JR2 is a Briggs Animal that is running on methanol at 285lbs. The World Formula would give you a bit more HP on racing gas for easier maintenance and could be bumped up to 300 lbs to accommodate older or bigger kids. There are a few JR2 karts in southern Colorado that run this configuration and would be able to race up here in a different venue if they would like. With the JR1 karts slowing down for next year, this would also give an older or more seasoned racer a chance to move up to more speed and still use the chassis that they already have. Dave at http://www.MHPSonline.com has a good photo of the latest model and Comet, American Power Sports, and others also have these motors available.

So my question here is are there any other folks interested? I would like to hear from you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.