Who is racing GJMS this weekend(11/10)?

Home Forums General Discussion Who is racing GJMS this weekend(11/10)?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Cory Ross
    Participant

Who is coming out for the last GJMS club race this Sunday? Forecast is looking perfect Sunny and close to 60.

Stacey are we running counter clockwise this time?

Kirk Deason
    Participant

Roshak Racing will be there to shake down for SuperNats. S4 fatties, beware.

Mike Edwards
    Participant

Beware of what? You forgot the tires and wheels……. :oOo

Curt Kistler
    Participant

Better throw some more spacers under that seat tuner. :k

mmanov
    Participant

I will drive TaG Masters this weekend if work does not interfere. Current odds are about 50-50. I prefer clockwise.
    m.

Kirk Deason
    Participant

Kistler, don’t you have an AARP meeting to attend?

Mikey your valuable input is always appreciated. Unlike Kistler’s.

Curt Kistler
    Participant

@Kirk Deason wrote:

Kistler, don’t you have an AARP meeting to attend?

Mikey your valuable input is always appreciated. Unlike Kistler’s.

Respect your elders Deason. Kissing Mikey #1’s butt will get you nowhere. I have tried. :stir

Kirk Deason
    Participant

Well, I hope you feel better, Curt. I laid awake half the night second guessing myself on the seat. I’m SURE I have the measurements right but I’ll know for sure if I get to GJ this weekend and Cook looks at me, shakes his head, and starts taking my seat apart to remount it.

Your evil ways have triumphed again. I’ll get you Kistler!

Curt Kistler
    Participant

@Kirk Deason wrote:

Well, I hope you feel better, Curt. I laid awake half the night second guessing myself on the seat. I’m SURE I have the measurements right but I’ll know for sure if I get to GJ this weekend and Cook looks at me, shakes his head, and starts taking my seat apart to remount it.

Your evil ways have triumphed again. I’ll get you Kistler!

I hate to put the Whammy on you Tuner, but our best run in Vegas was ended by the seat falling out after Matt got some Falcone style air time with wheel-to-wheel contact. I will post a vid of that epic event at Sam Boyd Stadium later. The spacers are the way to go rather than bending the chassis mounting brackets up. Just be sure to put as much diameter fender washer on both sides of the fiberglass to absorbe the stress. Evan suffers from the same demons Matt did. They are light and small, and unfortunately needed a ton of lead on the seat to make the field. This grey hair I have was well earned, and cost lotts of :money Just trying to ease your pain buddy.
    I wish you guys the best, and will be pulling for you and the rest of the CO Karting community making the journey. God I miss this sport, and this race.

Cory Ross
    Participant

For under my set I picked up some rubber motor mounts for a car. Very dense rubber over 2″ in diameter and over an inch thick. Figured since they can hold a motor in place in a car they would be fine for a seat with me in it.

Curt Kistler
    Participant

It’s a double edge sword. You need the flex in the seat to get the kart to roll the corner, and you need a solid seat mount to hold up under the extreme stress. Lots of solutions out there so long as you don’t shoot youself in the foot either way.

Cory Ross
    Participant

Another great weekend of racing to finish up the season. Great close/clean racing in all the classes even the rental class. I lost track of how many passes I made and times I was passed in the first heat. 9 tag drivers, 10 shifter, 8 rental, 2 kids and 3 junior. I could not have asked for a better first season in a kart. Thanks to Stacey and everyone at GJMS and CRG USA and everyone else that came out to race and help me with tuning and driving. Cannot wait to do it again next year!

Kirk Deason
    Participant

We had a great weekend. The new chassis was awesome and we picked up a full second from our best times at summer nats. Although the good air and track temps helped, Evan’s fall practice has really paid off. Seat time is the key. I have some more work to do this week but we are leaving for Vegas feeling much better about our chances at a top ten finish in S5.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.