Weight Class? – What are YOU running?

Home Forums LO206 Weight Class? – What are YOU running?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jdavis-403
    Participant

As it was determined my Poll was done by cheating or something like that (Which I take offense to as why the hell would I cheat?). I decided to make a new post just to ask the question so that I can pick the class where everyone is going to run in.

SO the question is. What weight class is everyone running?

325 OR 360 OR 385?

Here is another poll. I hope I don’t get called a cheater on this one… We had 47 people vote last time but it took a week for all of them to see it (This was said I cheated due to people having a life and not checking a website every day lol). Please cast your vote to say what YOU will be racing. Not what you want to see. I am just trying to see where everyone is going land. This poll will be open until (edited:) the start of the first race of the MG series.

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=56d5fa1fe4b0de96bed1adb6

I want to race with everyone so let’s all pick 385 so that we can have a MASSIVE field and have GREAT BATTLES!! Though, keep in mind I am in my carb cycling phase and hitting the gym so I should be able to maybe make the 325 if I don’t add a lot of muscle weight. lol

jdavis-403
    Participant

wow, we only have 20 people vote so far. 47 voted for the weight classes. Seems everyone is quiet and doesn’t want to share what they are racing in hopes to pick a class they can win? Pick the class your nemesis is not in? I see the tactic. But have you ever thought that nemesis will just follow you to the class you race in in order to better themselves?

Cole Liggett
    Participant

I hear Helmut Marko only looks to the light classes when he picks the next drivers for the redbull jr team. So that narrows it down for me.

jdavis-403
    Participant

@Cole Liggett wrote:

I hear Helmut Marko only looks to the light classes when he picks the next drivers for the redbull jr team. So that narrows it down for me.

Red Bull is overrated… lol (I used to be a fan until my favorite moved to Ferrari. Though Max sure is a great driver!)

How can Helmut look at the light classes when there are no “weight” classes to look at? lol All the racing I see the classes are split up by car. There is a weight limit that you have to reach if you don’t you get disqualified for each car. But the same cars race in the same “class”.

Just trying to get kart racing like what they do for the big boys. I mean we are in kart racing because its too expensive to go car racing. So why not make it like they do for car racing.

Currently the votes look like 8 drivers per class with 27 total votes counted. This means we could have 27 people battle all in one weight class and have great turnouts or 8 people where in maybe 4 of those battle each other. The top 3 from each class are usually fast enough if you even them out in one weight class they race against each other.

Cole Liggett
    Participant

I think it’s easier to have a single weight class in cars since the driver weighs a fraction of what the car weighs. I weigh 10 pounds more than my kart… Throws off the power to weight ratio a lot quicker when a kart racer gains 5-10 pounds.

jdavis-403
    Participant

@Cole Liggett wrote:

I think it’s easier to have a single weight class in cars since the driver weighs a fraction of what the car weighs. I weigh 10 pounds more than my kart… Throws off the power to weight ratio a lot quicker when a kart racer gains 5-10 pounds.

Every national event that I see has a jr and at least a sr and maybe a master(rotax). The Jr is 16 and young. Sr is 16+ or something like that. But the Sr is one weight class. The Master’s is heavier and also has an age limit.

Even the LO206 events I have seen around the country as well as Canada run a jr and sr and maybe a heavy but that is rare. This is all based off the Briggs WRS series. http://briggswrs.com/ Which The Track was one of the only tracks that had 3 classes. Seemed like everyone else was just doing 2 or 1.

The key is finding a good weight class. Which seems to have been found too. 360 seems to be the most common based on my research. I wouldn’t be trying to get us to do this if I didn’t have a lot of data to back up what I am saying. A lot of them run 1 weight class for adults and a jr. Here I am trying to get us to run 2 instead of 3 as the Jr already have a class iirc.

Richard Gordon
    Participant

Back when I ran WKA in the 80s they had 3 adult weight class for stock Briggs. The weights were close enough that a lot of people would run 2 weight classes by bolting on 20-25# of lead. Just needed to have the classes spread out enough to be able to work on the kart between races. Being able to run 2 classes in one weekend might not be a bad thing and it could keep number of karts up. Just a thought.

Cole Liggett
    Participant

:banana

Cole Liggett
    Participant

I’m happy with the ckt class structure. I’ll be #25 over but it will still be fun, and since I’m a terrible driver I’ll just be racing with the heavier group on track. It’s like a golf handicap. And we are there to race not collect trophies so at the end of the day as long as everyone has fun then it’s all good. :banana

Last season some of the most fun racing I had was with some of the heavy guys. Inter class battles are part of the fun! But again this goes back to me being a terrible driver who spends all of his race budget on his graphics and ends up running the same set of tires for two seasons. But I’m pretty sure I look cooler than you on track! :redman just kidding, I’m sure you look fine. :white

jdavis-403
    Participant

lol on the graphics. The start of the season mine looked good. lol Looks like crap now but I didn’t keep up on it like I will this new kart. (If it will ever get here… Delayed at the painters. Getting custom black instead of red.)

In regards to the two class structure. I haven’t decided which one I am going to race in. Depends on the amount in the class. I just want to race with the fast guys. 😉 I agree 3 classes is just a little too much. 2 just seems like a great mix between allowing those that are a little heavy and can’t change it and those that can drop the weight and not have to add much weight.

Can’t wait to race you all! I remember some great battle and hope to have a lot more this year!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.