We thnk we have it rough.

Home Forums General Discussion We thnk we have it rough.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Doug Welch
    Participant

There was a kart track here. My friends tell me it’s now gone. Washed away.

Hurricane Alex

Mike Jansen
    Participant

🙁

Kirk Deason
    Participant

Get that thing up on the stand, looks like we’re gonna need rain tires for this session.

Rick Schmidt
    Participant

Looks more like you need the tires off of stand than wets. I love it Kirk. Some look that picture and see mud, sand and debri, you see a familiar racing surface and small tuning challeng!

Hope everyones holiday goes well. We have it pretty good with the weather here in Colorado.

Doug Welch
    Participant

I found this video of the flood in action. Starting around 16 second mark, there is a good shot of the track covered in water.

Angel Ramirez
    Participant

I think they are switching bussines, from karting to rafting. :loony: Just kidding has been very rough for those guys.

Greg Welch
    Participant

I liked that track… Its probably ok because Camarillo will build a new one in its place.

Rodney Ebersole
    Participant

Quite a mess to look at. Yet it seems the track was built in between dikes designed to control the waters flow?

Greg Welch
    Participant

It was. The track was about 20ft below the two freeways it sat between. The river however was also about 15-20ft below the track in its own basin. If you watch the video, the man bridge you see flooding over started at the same height as the track, with the river well below it.

Doug Welch
    Participant

Here is what’s left now that the water has gone. The track and all the buildings, everything but the timing and scoring tower is gone. At this point, there are no plans to rebuild.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.