Watch Out For Scammers!!!!

Home Forums General Discussion Watch Out For Scammers!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Christian Bird
    Participant

Much like Stacey’s “Chopper” incident, “good one Cunningham”… We had a guy email us saying that he wanted to buy our chassis. I gave him my dads email, and he rufused to talk to him on the phone due to a “hearing problem”. Then he sent us a check for 1000 dollars more than our chassis was for. My dad called the bank and the check was froud. And he still wanted the kart… Aswell as for us to send him the “accedentally” 1000 dollars…. So this guy would get a kart and 1000 bucks…

Just be carefull….
    His email was [email protected]

Jon Romenesko
    Participant

Good thing you caught it! It’s generally a good idea to refuse a sale unless you can actually meet this person face to face, or at least talk to them on the phone. Be especially wary of big ticket items (like a chassis)…its amazing how many people will try to take you to the cleaners. Be careful!

stacey cook
    Participant

Christian,

I bet it was CHOPPER.. 😆

cgordon
    Participant

Ask for a cashier’s check.

Charles

Christian Bird
    Participant

@stacey cook wrote:

Christian,

I bet it was CHOPPER.. 😆

Umm maybe but this guy was twisted even more than “Chopper”. on his email he said his name was Jim, but the name on the check was like Williams Honey Davidson.

Thats when we got in touch with the police and they said the guy was either in England or South America… So watch out because I guess they just choosee ramdon fourums to go through….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.