Transponder mounting

Home Forums General Discussion Transponder mounting

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    cgordon
    Participant

Where does the transponder have to be mounted for the CSC races? I didn’t find anything in the SKUSA rules on this.

Thanks,
    Charles

Anonymous
    Inactive

Charles,
    Rule #20.2.7.7, No closer than 10 inches behind center line of kingpin.

Bill

Angie MacEwen
    Participant

Please, be sure to drill the holes for a zip tie to double secure the transponders. The track owners are nice enough to let us use their transponders without a rental fee. The zip tie will be required, and the cost of damaging a transponder will be high.

Thanks!
    angie

cgordon
    Participant

Angie,

You are right. :look

I looked in the TaG rules intead of SKUSA.

Thanks,
    Charles

Anonymous
    Inactive

So mounting the transponder on the back of my seat is not right for the CSC?

Mike Jansen
    Participant

Rich,

At least 10 inches BEHIND the kingpin. So you’re safe. Of course, if you and I hit the line side by side then i will beat you since my transponder mount is exactly 10.125″ from the kingpin

8)

Doug Welch
    Participant

Rich, the back of the seat is the right spot for Rotax/CIK mounting. For SKUSA, and most other sanctioning bodies, the side pod is the place. You can mount yours on the seat and give everyone else a half a kart head start!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Why does placement matter? That thing can’t weigh more than a matter of ounces :idn:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just put a mount on the side pod, and one on the back of the seat. That way, I just choose the correct spot for the day. Sure makes it easier for a whole $5.

Duff

Michael Hurley
    Participant

Duff,

Where can we attach the mount to the new Arrow side pods? :idn:

Michael

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.