The Animal is in!

Home Forums General Discussion The Animal is in!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    MHPS Racing
    Participant

So it looks like there is enough interest in the Animal to keep it alive. Thanks to those who voted to keep it. 😀

If you need any help with your motors or anything give me a shout. We will be working them this year.

Good meeting last night. Thanks for the pizza and beer Brad. It was good to meet some new people and to see the others that have been around a while. Glad to be back!

Dave
    http://www.MHPSonline.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for your support of these classes.
    Something we haven’t seen these last couple of years.
    Hopefully this will gain more interest from others so
    we can build these classes back up to thier previous dominance.

Glad we met at the meeting. I look forward to doing business
    with you.

Russell Bezanson father of
    Taylor Bezanson Jr.2 Briggs ’07

Les Prins
    Participant

Dave, Good to hear! I wish I could have been to the meeting. Was there any discussion about the rules? There is less than 2 months untill the first race and we need time to change things if needed. Thanks for your help and we are looking forward to racing the animal.

Greg Johnson
    Participant

Les, Jr 2 ANIMAL is WKA rules

MHPS Racing
    Participant

@Russ B. wrote:

Thank you for your support of these classes.
    Something we haven’t seen these last couple of years.
    Hopefully this will gain more interest from others so
    we can build these classes back up to thier previous dominance.

Glad we met at the meeting. I look forward to doing business
    with you.

Russell Bezanson father of
    Taylor Bezanson Jr.2 Briggs ’07

Hey Russell – Good meeting you as well! I’d like to think there is enough room for several engine classes to include Briggs. With your support we could, in fact, bring it back. So thanks to you and all Briggs lovers alike! 😀

MHPS Racing
    Participant

@lprins wrote:

Dave, Good to hear! I wish I could have been to the meeting. Was there any discussion about the rules? There is less than 2 months untill the first race and we need time to change things if needed. Thanks for your help and we are looking forward to racing the animal.

Hey Les, thanks for the vote! As Greg posted the rules are WKA Jr. 2. I know some changes were made to include the PVL and the fire ring gasket, etc. None of the new parts are real time consuming to work over. Let me know if I can help. Dave

MHPS Racing
    Participant

@Greg Johnson wrote:

Les, Jr 2 ANIMAL is WKA rules

Thanks for the post Greg. I just got back to :type:

Les Prins
    Participant

Being new to karting last year, I know that WKA is the World Karting Association. I am trying to locate the rules and looks like you can pay to download the tech manual. My guess is that it has all the rules to every class under the WKA (alot of them) and my next question is which class are we following? Maybe someone can cut out the section that pertains to us and let us know what we need to do to our motors. Also if Tyler is going to run the animals, Will we need the OK from someone since he will be 11 in June and the class is 12-15? He ran the animals last year and can’t wait to go this year.

MHPS Racing
    Participant

@lprins wrote:

Being new to karting last year, I know that WKA is the World Karting Association. I am trying to locate the rules and looks like you can pay to download the tech manual. My guess is that it has all the rules to every class under the WKA (alot of them) and my next question is which class are we following? Maybe someone can cut out the section that pertains to us and let us know what we need to do to our motors. Also if Tyler is going to run the animals, Will we need the OK from someone since he will be 11 in June and the class is 12-15? He ran the animals last year and can’t wait to go this year.

We will follow the JR. 2. I have manuals coming if you want one. They’re $18 so just let me know. All the manuals will have info on several classes. As far as Tyler’s age, I would ask Brad and Jim since it is a club race series. I know Brad has made exceptions in the past when a driver is near a birthday.

Dave
    http://www.MHPSonline.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

Les, You know you can count on our vote to have Tyler join Jr.2, but the final decision is to come from Brad and Jim.

Dave, Put me down for one of those rule books!

BLINK, any changes to any other rules we’re used to?
    i.e. chassis, bodywork, clutch, gear, weight?
    One more question on tires, some of us were running the 4.60
    steer tires on the rear in Jr.1, will that still be allowed for the Jr.2?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Les,

I think I have the rule book. We needed to join the Wka to get the Fia license to go to Monte Carlo. You can have it if you want it. What I have is in the Karter scene magazine and is huge. Let me know.

Rick

MHPS Racing
    Participant

@Russ B. wrote:

Les, You know you can count on our vote to have Tyler join Jr.2, but the final decision is to come from Brad and Jim.

Dave, Put me down for one of those rule books!

BLINK, any changes to any other rules we’re used to?
    i.e. chassis, bodywork, clutch, gear, weight?
    One more question on tires, some of us were running the 4.60
    steer tires on the rear in Jr.1, will that still be allowed for the Jr.2?

Will do Russ!

Les Prins
    Participant

Russ, Thanks for the support, Brad and Jim are OK with it, so we are in. Hope to see you out practicing when it finally thaws. I thought global warming and an El Nino was suppose to give us a “warmer than usual winter”. So much for predicting the weather and climate trends. I also have the same questions about weight, chassis, tires etc. Is that covered in the Jr2 WKA rules or is it just the engine?

Rick, Thanks for your offer, Check your messages. I guess getting manual may be the easy part, finding the rules that apply to us may be the hard part if it’s that big.

On looking at the wka web site, there are alot of jr2 animal classes, light, heavy, etc. Maybe someone can clarify by giving us a page or section number to give us an idea on where to start.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I read it for 15 minutes before I figured out it was upside down! :idn: It’s the most intricate, confusing compilation of information I’ve seen relating to rules. And I used to think the Scca Pro rules were intense.

You can still have them if you want.

MHPS Racing
    Participant

Hey guys – when I talked to Brad about adding the Briggs class I suggested the engine be based on WKA rules to keep the cost down for new racers and racers that could not afford to buy another engine this year to compete in the other classes.

My understanding is the rules will be similar to the 2006 CSC rules with some changes that align with the WKA engine changes. I will check with Brad and Jim to see if they agree with this and post here.

Dave
    MHPS Racing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.