TAG Motor Weights

Home Forums General Discussion TAG Motor Weights

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Curt Kistler
    Participant

Important Announcement: SKUSA Revises TaG Engines/Weights for 2010 Season!

January 6, 2010

Due to overwhelming feedback from our members – and to help increase participation and competition in the TaG classes –

SKUSA has announced the following revisions to the allowed engines and class weights for the 2010 season, effective immediately.

TaG Engines:
    Class A (Senior 375 lbs, Master 405) — Rok TT & Sonik TX 125
    Class B (Senior 365 lbs, Master 395 lbs) – Motori 7
    Class C (Senior 355 lbs, Master 385 lbs) – Leopard (original and MY09) & Rotax

Class D (Senior 345 lbs, Master 375 lbs) – PRD Fireball 2008

SKUSA will continue to monitor input from the field, and reserves the right to make further adjustments to these engines and weights as demand and the marketplace dictate.

Rodney Ebersole
    Participant

What is the weight for dual Rotax motors?

Joe Rosse
    Participant

710. 770 for Masters. :rotate:

stacey cook
    Participant

Good to see they are keeping the 09 leopard the same as the origional. Heard talk they were going to add 10 lbs.

Greg Welch
    Participant

355 whoooo!!!!! We will be able to pick up my kart now 😀

Anthony Giannone
    Participant

Oh joy the Rok get’s 5 lbs. added and the leopard/rotax get’s 5lbs lighter there goes my chance next year

stacey cook
    Participant

Anthony,

As fast as you were last year, the extra 5 lbs isnt going to matter. 😀

Anthony Giannone
    Participant

Yes I hope that is the case and be able to, and also Support Critical Zone again this year 😀

Greg Welch
    Participant

Anthony,

I’ve run so many different engines at so many weights, my opinion is the little weight differences don’t matter. If your program keeps going in the direction it has been going all year, you will be able to beat people and be heavier, no problem. This is just the weights for Skusa though, does anybody know what Jim is going to do for weights?

Joe Rosse
    Participant

Greg,

Jim’s doing a RMC series, right–so that should be 360 unless they surprise us by changing weights? Or did you mean for TaG in the RTR series?

Curt Kistler
    Participant

Jim has all of his rules up on his site @ http://www.thetrack.us/index.php?s=53
    page #20.

I am not sure if there will be any weight changes to their program classes so you may want to call him. The SKUSA weight changes were made after several tests were conducted to make every attempt at a level playing field for all the different motor packages out there. I hope this clarifies your questions and concerns.

Curt

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.