TaG Easykart 125 Spec Shifter – Update

Home Forums General Discussion TaG Easykart 125 Spec Shifter – Update

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    George Durdin
    Participant

To All,
    The new TaG Easykart 125 Spec Shifter is now expected to be delivered to Easykart America in Miami on or before May 15th. The package is rated at 34HP, with a six speed shifter. For further information please visit the ” Colorado Karting Business” Topic. Or check out the Easykart website at: http://www.easykart.com/shifter.html
    All of this and only………….$5,995.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Kurt Freiburg
    Participant

George (or anyone else that knows) –

So whatever happened to the EasyKart shifter? Vaporware? Held in customs by Homeland Security? Bermuda Triangle?

Seriously, this was a very promising concept, but I can’t find any evidence on the ‘net that any really exist. I would think the importer would be a bit more forthcoming with accurate information.

Besides, the Karter has been quiet lately; we need a bit of controversy.

Kirk Deason
    Participant

I’ll spout off about this with my limited knowledge…that should help stir things up on here.

George said the motor was still ‘in testing and development’ when I asked him about it this weekend. An Italian karting magazine had a review of the kart (which would indicate to the buyer that the release was ‘imminent’) but nothing concrete is on the easykart.com website (another of my frequent internet stops). EK America doesnt seem to have a problem posting a picture of the kart on their website as though this were the cornerstone of their karting line. (ha).

Maybe the italians just dont want to release the kart without a guaranteed market for the product…right now, it seems that stock moto is fitting the ‘bang for the buck’ quotient for most american karters.

Cruise on over to http://www.easykart.com/forums and stir things up. Yell at the admin (publicly) that gets their attention.

George Durdin
    Participant

Kurt,
    As of 3:00 PM today, EK America exoects the EK125 TaG shifter, to be in country by the end of November. EK America has refused to update the projections most recently because of continued delays by Birel Birel IT indicates that the delay has been caused by continued testing of the package….the Italians are also normally on a country wide vacation this time of year. Not a bad concept…..lets all just go on a one month vacation at one time!

Kurt Freiburg
    Participant

George, thanks for the update. Too bad they got all the dealers/potential buyers spooled up then didn’t deliver. And it’s really too bad they missed a whole season.

I have been a little suspicious about the long term viability of the spec shifter class due to parts supply, which got me thinking about TaG-style shifters. The DD2 and the EZkart shifter have the right idea, but only one of those actually exists.

Kirk, I figured you’d put in an excellent reply with that kind of bait, and you didn’t disappoint! Look me up if you come to the Bandimere CSC race.

Rodney Ebersole
    Participant

“lets all just go on a one month vacation at one time!”

What kind of vacation would it be if everyone was on vacation when you got there? Heck you couldn’t even get there if everyone is on vacation.

Doug Welch
    Participant

Italy closes down for August. Right now, you can’t even get some one to answer the phone over there.

George Durdin
    Participant

Kurt,
    I agree, the rush to announce the product and then to delay it’s release has been disappointing, frustrating and is uncharacteristic of Birel and IAME. Apparently they felt that additional testing of the package was necessary. Of course the unfortunate delay can also serve to increase the consumers anticipation of the release of the product. I believe that it is better to release a new package in the off season.
    For the most part there really haven’t been any shortages of EK 60, 100 or 125 parts. The chassis is a Birel R31 with plenty of US sources for parts and EK America has kept a good supply of engine parts with the exception of lean jets which were developed for high altitude by Dave Galegor of Aurora. I don’t believe that parts for the new EK shifter will be a problem once they are released and established in the market.
    The Rotax DD2 is not a true shifter, with only two ranges and should not be judged against the EK 125 TaG SEALED spec shifter or the unsealed spec Honda 125 shifter. The Rotax DD2 and EK125 have been designed to compete in sealed spec racing classes.
    I believe the new package WILL hit the market in late November or early December.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.