Steamboat GP ?

Home Forums General Discussion Steamboat GP ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tom Dennin
    Participant

How late will one be able to park a trailer Friday night? How long does it take to drive to Steamboat from say University and I-25? What would be the easiest and fastest way to get there? When do the pits open up on Saturday morning?

I am trying to make a decision on if I should go or not. :idn:

Thanks for the info,

Tom

Marc Elliott
    Participant

should only take you 3-3.5 hours to get there, its a gorgeous drive through the mountains when you take the cut off in silverthorne, i would advise going, we had a blast last year

Doug Welch
    Participant

Tom

Don’t back out on us now, you got things rock’en. 😀 The best route is like Mark said, up I-70 to Silverthorne, north to Kremling, then on to US-40 to Steamboat. Depending on how fast you drive with the trailer and how often you need a potty stop, somewhere around 3-1/2 hours should cover it. The road over Rabbit Ears pass is not very high nor is it steep. You can easily roll it at 65mph. The downhill run into Steamboat is long so take it easy.

While some of us will be going up early Friday to park our trailers, most will be leaving after school and work so most will be getting up there after dark. The parking lot has lights so we will be parking late.

One of the neat things about this event is that we have to shut down the track at 5:00pm. That means that you will have plenty of time to get cleaned up and go out to a nice dinner or hit the hot springs pool. And since we can’t get started before 8:00AM, no need to get up at 5:00 to get to the track. The entire event is much more laid back that the usual CSC days so its a real chance to enjoy our many racing friends before we put the karts away for the winter.

If you want to know more about the hot springs, ask Chaz about Strawberry Park!

Mike Jansen
    Participant

Tom,

You had a tough race weekend. Take the time off you deserve it. Watch some college football saturday and pro’s on Sunday. Invite Jack, Sean, Lee and Jay over. Drink beer and have some fun!
    8)

Mike Jansen
    Participant

To All Involved:

Are we 100% certain that we’ll have the SKUSA barriers? I just want to make sure we don’t have a repeat performance of bags coming off hay bales that have a tendency to wrap around front tires…

If we DO have bales i’d be more than happy to volunteer to wrap them with a little duct tape, like I said after last year’s race.

Doug Welch
    Participant

The Tech Pro barriers are in Steamboat as I type. Chuck from SKUSA will be in next week to assit putting them up. There will be some bales but they will be behind the barriers for added safety in the unlikley :idn: event some racer goes off track and needs some help slowing down.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hear the Hooter Girls are going to be at that party Mike mentioned above!
    I would also invite Charles.

Mike and I can Duke it out.

JB said I need to get aggressive on the Track and go for opennings. I will be Mad Dog #2 in Steamboat.

Dennis are you coming or are you running those 4 strokes back east with that special fuel?

Tom, it is one great time in Steamboat. Don’t miss it! We will be racing in God’s High Country of Colorado. Truely, special.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.