!!STEAMBOAT and Thanks to all!!

Home Forums General Discussion !!STEAMBOAT and Thanks to all!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, what little of the racing I was able to watch outside of my son’s races was amazing! In particular the kid karts, the novice shifters and Kyle and AJ in the main event. What a great end to a great year. Congrats to all! We had a fantastic time and thanks to all people involved especially Angie, Byron, Doug Welch, Drew, and the track owners. I particularly want to thank my son, Conner, for taking me through a gamut of emotions. Obviously, I am biased but I think he is a “hell of a driver!” I also want to thank our family for all of their support and our sponsors: family and Farcon. I also need to thank our engine builder Jim Bennett from Racer’s Edge. Thanks to some very special fellow karters who help us out throughout the season, Doug Welch, Rod and Ben Whetstone, Scott and Levi Greenly and Rod and Taylor Clark, Bill Ray and especially Bill, Austin and Andy Farley where you just can’t find better people. Thanks to all for a wonderful CSC season and we look forward to next year.

Thanks to all, the News

stacey cook
    Participant

Don, your kid drove great this weekend! especially in the heat race coming from last.

Anonymous
    Inactive

WOW!!!!! What a weekend…I wanted to take a moment and thank all the people involved in the sport this year it was a great season, we have never had so much fun in our lives and without you all it doesn’t happen. Thanks to all who helped The Zipnby racing team {I would take up three pages listing all that helped us and boy we needed it} we had an awesome year. I’m so proud of my little racers and the perserverance they had thru the season. I also wanted to take a moment and thank my Father for all his help in the pits this year. Dad we couldn’t have done it without you. And as always thanks to my wife for putting up with my orders and fits at the track I will always remember these times we had together. What a great family sport!!!!!!

Saturn of Denver
    Zipnby Racers Dad

Anonymous
    Inactive

Kudos to all. My 2nd trip to Steamboat and it was great.

The suggestion of going to a separate group running the CSC next year is a good one with paid employees.

Get a road race course or parking lot set up for the Denver Grand Prix or Colorado Springs or Estes Park. Have Big T provide gas/oil at all these events and let’s get some kind of tire discounts for next year.

Tire costs at $170 a pop is too much!

Brad Linkus
    Participant

Rich

At $170 a set, a volume dealer like myself only makes 12% after shipping, the list price on those tires is over $210. How do you expect a business to survive without a profit. Motorcycle shops have a 100%+ markup on parts including the tires they sell for $90 that cost them $40. Anyone who has a problem with the price of kart parts should start a kart shop for 5 months like McGrath who figured out that the profit margin in this business is not enough to even pay your bills if you do not have some other form of income to support the loss you would have if that was all that you did for a living, McGrath found out the hard way that there is no money in selling karts or parts. I would love to charge list price on kart parts, then I might even make 25%, whoope!

Rodney Ebersole
    Participant

Ok Brad, look at it as a hobby racer would.
    I have to buy a set of tires for 170-210 bucks in return I “might” get a 5 dollar trophy. Opps @ IMI it might be a $15.00 trophy.

“How do you expect a business to survive without a profit.”
    The same way you expect racers to continue to race, dig deep buddy.

I sure don’t have the answer. But it must be working out for the tire companies, as I do have tons of worn out tires and a bunch of plastic trophies.

Brad Linkus
    Participant

Freezman

No one ever said that you could make a living racing karts, what should you get when you win, a new car? If you can’t afford to buy tires find a sport thats cheap, like baseball, all you need is a glove, bat, ball, uniform, hat, chew, and you would still whine about the plastic trophys. We all do karting for fun, I do karting for fun and a living. I can get you retreads to race on for $100 if that will make you feel better.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Stacey and I am glad someone else noticed too. I noticed your daughter waving and letting him by after the spin…. thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.