Stacey, what’s the verdict at GJMS?

Home Forums General Discussion Stacey, what’s the verdict at GJMS?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Tom Dennin
    Participant

Stacey,

What’s the verdict about the RMC and the CSC dates that overlap?

Another question about the RMC, are you going to use spec tires, fuel and oil? If so, could you tell us what these will be? Will we be able to use the k98 needle?

Just a note, the VP 93 and the RS-7 oil seemed to work well last year. The 98 octane fuel made jetting much trickier.

Everyone ready to get back on the track :sun:

Tom

stacey cook
    Participant

Tom, we have run into a snagg running the RMAX event within the CSC series mainly because of the new Mojo Tire deal.. we arer trying to get it worked out the best we can and should have an answer soon but it looks like we will probably have to run RMAX with the club events or not run RMAX at all…. 😥

Tom Dennin
    Participant

Stacey,

Is the Sat. morning before each CSC race out of the question? I think in the long run it would make you money. Then race all the others as planned with the club races.

I promise I will not bug about this again, 😀

Tom

Anonymous
    Inactive

If we could get volunteer flag people, scorers and starters, I’ll bet that would influence him. Just a thought.

stacey cook
    Participant

Tom, Hmm, give me an idea of what you think would work, we would have Mini Max, Tag Jr. Tag Snr and Masters but what kind of practice, qualifing, heat, main configuration could we do to get done by noon..

Doug Welch
    Participant

Is there any thing to prevent combining senior and international into a single race group other than numbers? Does RMax require each class to run seperately? What about combining Mini and R Junior? That would speed things up a bit if they were on the track together. You could do staggered starts if it were a big concern.

Since it would just be Rotax guys, I don’t think it would be that many racers that you couldn’t combine them for a kart count reason. What do you think 30-40 racers total? 10 to 15 mini and junior and the balance adults?

stacey cook
    Participant

Doug, yes we can combine them as long as the drivers are in agreement and the parents are ok with the Mini Max running with Tag Jr’s… How many Rotax drivers would commit to the series if we could run it on Sat before each CSC event??

Greg Johnson
    Participant

I’m for keeping Sat. practice ,Sun. raceday.Many travel on Sat.

Tom Dennin
    Participant

Stacey, I am coping this from the other thread.

How about this for an idea?

What about RMC on the Saturday before the Sunday CSC dates? Do not have qualifying and run two heat races instead. The first race line up would be done by drawing numbers and the second heat would be inverted from the first and then total your position and base the final off of those totals. The one with the least total would be the pole and so on.

I believe there would be 4 classes: mini max, jr, int, master. Run mini and jr seperate and int and mstr together that way there would only be six heat races. The heat races should take no longer than two hours. There could be individual finals for each of the four classes if need be. The finals should take no longer than an hour and a half.

If my hypothesis is correct, we could start the first heat race at 8:00 am sharp and be done by no later than 11:30am. This would leave plenty of time to test and tune for the CSC race the following day.

just a thought,

Tom

I would be ther for sure. :cheers:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tom-your assumption is that everybody on the East slope will take Fridays off to make it to GJ for a early morning start.

Run the races in the morning
    Turn around in the afternoon get their kart ready for Sunday CSC
    Run on sunday
    Drive home Sunday late afternoon
    and die when they reach home

That is a very hectic and physically demanding schedule.

If we did on Sunday R-Max + CSC yes it would be hectic but condensed. Leave Sat for traveling, practice and kart ready and relax somewhat.

My Opinion is we gave it a good shot and it just is not going to work. So I am on the verge to committ to CRE for the R-max series. the other option with IMI-no word.

Time has run out for me.

Tom Dennin
    Participant

It would only be two Saturdays and you wouldn’t absolutely have to take off work to race on Sat. Think of it as a warm up for the CSC race on the following Sunday. It would be fun and give us Rotax’s some extra practice time on the track for Sunday’s CSC races.

Also, I recall lots of people were there on Thursday evening and practicing Fri and Sat last year

Tom

Michael Hurley
    Participant

Rich, did you get the e-mail from me about my Arrow chassis? :idn: Just checkin’.

Michael

Anonymous
    Inactive

It does not seem like a good idea to have a seperate race on the Saturday before a Colorado State Championship event. Saturday is the practice day. This is especailly true when the event is in Grand Junction and most of the racers are from the Front Range, but I would say the same thing for a track anywhere in the state.

Rod Whetstone

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mike—no, didn’t get anything.

Michael Hurley
    Participant

Rich, If you could please give me a call at 719-638-1417 x2702 or 719-440-9892.

Thanks Rich.
    Michael

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.