Rotax wount start

Home Forums General Discussion Rotax wount start

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My rotax for some reason will not start up. I have charged the battery several times and it tries to start but it cannot turn over. When u take the gas line out, it seems to help but it just wont turn over. Sam said the jetting looked good but for some reason it wont work.
    any help is really appreciated!

Dave Galegor
    Participant

Scott,
    Go to http://www.G-RPM.com
    Pull up the Rotax Tool box and download the pdf file on care and feeding
    of the Rotax FR125
    Hope this helps.
    Dave

Superslow
    Participant

Scott you need to give more details…..does the engine crank over when you push teh button and not fire or does it do nothing ? ??
    Did it stop suddenly the last time you used it ?? ? Have you been disassembling anything on it ? ??
    The more information you give the more chance someone can help….! !

cgordon
    Participant

If the kart hasn’t been run for a long time, the floats may be stuck. Remove the carb, disassemble it and clean everything, then put it all back together. This happened to me when I first tried to start my kart after it was shipped to me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

the engine cranks and cranks and it never turns over. my dad and i took the whole carb apart about 5 times wiht no luck. I never got it to run, becasue it just got it from indiana. I made sure the jetting was good and it was but the thing stil wont fire up. when i take off the fuel line it ran when sam walls tried to get t going but when u put it back on fuel doesnt go back into the carb.
    thanks for all the help! :cheers:

Rodney Ebersole
    Participant

Scott, I think maybe Craig Mansfield could be of some help with your rotax problem. He has had that kind of stuff happen to him a lot. :idn:

Joe Rosse
    Participant

Scott,

Make sure the floats aren’t in upside down. That’s easy to do, and will result in the valve being totally closed (and thus not allow fuel into the bowl).

Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks for all of your help guys, ill try all of the suggestions you have made. Do you think it could be a problem with the fuel pump?

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is possible that there is a problem with the pump but it is doubtful. That said I would check it anyway. Make sure it is installed properly, I have seen the pump installed backward and fuel would not go through it. You should be able to blow into the vent tube on the tank and fuel should move through the line through the pump and into the carb. If the pump is plumbed backward you will not be able to blow fuel through the system.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Scott

What part of the state do you live in? I am in Loveland and would be happy to help you get started out in karting. Are you up north anyplace? Or do you have a trailer that you could bring your cart up to my place and we can take a look at it. Best bet is my garage, where I have all the tools needed.

If you or your dad would like to call me to talk, my number is 970-215-6452. Let’s get you racing 🙂

Duff

Marc Elliott
    Participant

is it possible you have your motor ignition switched off, the ignition switch usually on the front fairing must be pushed in for it to start, if any white paint is seen on the switch, it will not start

Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks everyone for your help. Dennis ill contact you and let you know about me coming up, thanks so much guys.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Scott

I’ll contact you tonight to set a time when we can work on your kart.

Dennis

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Dennis for all the help! Its really appreciated!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.