Rotax FR125 (non EVO) jetting software

Home Forums General Discussion Rotax FR125 (non EVO) jetting software

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dennis Dyer
    Participant

Rotaxians

I used to race Rotax back in 2004 timeframe.  Kept my kart all these years and now I am getting it back out again for some fun times with my nephew.  Back in the days everyone used MaxJet for jetting software.  While I have been able to get an early revision of MaxJet software running on a Palm, the version needed to talk to the RaceJet weather station is licensed and the company is out of business.

So what does everyone use on the older FR125 Max (non-EVO) motors.  I purchased the MAX125 jetting application from Jet-Lab but the jetting recommendation is pretty far off from my tried and true MaxJet software.  For example given a set of inputs the MaxJet would recommend a 162 and the Jet-Lab recommends a 155.   That’s a big difference on the lean side and I sure don’t want to stick a motor.

Anyone have a tested recommendation that they are using.

Dennis ‘Duff’ Dyer

Rotax Master #59 (circa 2004)

Greg Welch
    Participant

To me the JetLab sounds closer.  I don’t think I had anything in my toolbox bigger than a 158 when we ran pre-evo engines around here.  152-158 during the winter, and 145-150 during the summer was our range.

Dennis Dyer
    Participant

Greg
    I bet your correct. The kart is being stored at my nephews right now but I will have to check and see if we recorded our setups and I still have them. I did find one instance of using a 162 at IMI in Oct in some notes, not to say it was correct just what I noticed. Probably the big indicator will be my jet box and which ones are worn the most from changing. I’m just really gun shy of sticking the old motor as I bet a rebuild is expensive now (used to be ~$700 for a top end replacement).
    Thanks for the reply,
    Dennis ‘Duff’ Dyer

Rotax Master #59 (circa 2004)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.