Rookies to Racers on Science Channel

Home Forums General Discussion Rookies to Racers on Science Channel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Angie MacEwen
    Participant

If you aren’t watching it, you should be…….

http://science.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid=48.16351.131568.40724.2

The Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup kicks off its 2010 season. 25 drivers, each chasing a dream of becoming a professional racer, battle it out in the Cup’s first three races. Who will gain an early series edge by finishing on top the leaderboard.

You know our local hero, JD Mobley wins the championship and is currently racing in Germany!!

Many of the drivers are former karters.

Check it out.

JD, if you read this… give us an update on how you are doing in Europe!

[email protected]
    Participant

Angie:

Thank You for posting this!

I came across one episode a few days ago…. but had no idea that one of our own won this Championship!

Despite my not knowing JD Mobley, I recognize his achievement as the extraordinary accomplishment it is.

No offense, but I just don’t get it…. the disconnect between karting, and what all young karters hope to achieve in higher formulae, continues.

We should all be backing JD Mobley in his quest for a driving career! He strikes me as a really nice kid.

Angie MacEwen
    Participant

I should have mentioned that we also had Taylor Broekemeier in the mix. I think he finished out the season in 12th, I think that was his second year in the TDI program.

[email protected]
    Participant

Angie:

Thanks Again for posting this, JD is one fine driver and really promotable.

You have provided a great service here for all Colorado karters, and beyond. I commend you for that!

Best to You and your son’s burgeoning career!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.