Rain Set-Up….

Home Forums General Discussion Rain Set-Up….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Curt Kistler
    Participant

CSC Entrants,
    Don’t forget we are running in the rain this season. You may want to get your set-up’s, suits, visors, air boxes and other stuff necessary to be fast in wet weather.
    I’m not trying to do my rain dance here, but we have been forced at the 12th hour to find all of the stuff I mentioned above. Matt has driven right off the track in SLC due to his visor fogging up, we have ruined a moter in OK with too much H2O running thru the air system, and we were totally off the set-up in CA with handling. All big races with no preperation for rain.

Barry at Billet has plenty of rain tires at a great price. Make sure you have 6″ rear wheels to mount these on. I have a rain set-up check list if you need one. Just PM me and I will get it faxed to you.

It is important that we keep CSC race days moving in order to get the show in before the sun goes down, so please be prepared.

Any other words of wit from more rain vetrans out there? Or, questions from noobies? This is the time and place.

Thanks,
    Curt

Greg Welch
    Participant

Also in prep for the rain, Shockwave makes a rain setup for the 50mm axle. When driving in the rain you need to get the back end as narrow as possible, and with a 50mm axle thats not typically narrow enough. OUr special wheels have a hole large enough for the axle to pass through, and they do use a special set of hubs. You can buy this set through Barry, JB, or Shockwave.

Greg Welch
    Participant

Also in prep for the rain, Shockwave makes a rain setup for the 50mm axle. When driving in the rain you need to get the back end as narrow as possible, and with a 50mm axle thats not typically narrow enough. OUr special wheels have a hole large enough for the axle to pass through, and they do use a special set of hubs. You can buy this set through Barry, JB, or Shockwave.

Curt Kistler
    Participant

:bump :rain :boo: :idea

http://weather.msn.com/tenday.aspx?wealocations=wc:USCO0239

Still trying to not be a party pooper, but, it could happen at this time. I hope everyone has the opportunity to come up to me on Sunday and tell me what a nice day it is after all this rain discussion.

Stock up on rain stuff folks, the show will go on 😉

Justin Mueller
    Participant

Ladies and Gents, Boys and girls get ready It is raining now in utah heading our way. I hope you all have rain tires..etc sure hope you all have fun

stacey cook
    Participant

GJMS has 12 sets of rain tires left and also we have the Sparco rain deflectors in stock.. You know those helmet mounted spinning things… :cheers:

Superslow
    Participant

If you only have a few minutes…….
    Put your fronts out another two spacers from where they were…..
    Match the total distance between the inside of the rear tyres with the inside of the fronts…
    Take off your stays…..
    Put about 6mm toe out on…..
    and steer with the throttle on lightly……wasting your time using the steering alone….
    Use lines around the outside of the corners rather than the usual ones…(where it makes sense…not on chicanes obviously…..you will feel the extra grip off the rubber)….
    Double the pressures from the usual if it is very wet, and leave them as low as possible if it is drying…….
    If you leave the rears in as far as possible you will shred the back tyres off before half distance…..sorry greg……! !
    That comes from a lot of racing in the rain in Europe…….
    Shield your inlet trumpets by surrounding them on all sides with number plates…..
    ….and enjoy it…… !! !
    Regards to all from Germany where I hope to go for my first spin on my IAME X30 next week……

Curt Kistler
    Participant

Could have been a little warmer, but that was fun. :sun: :sun: :sun:

Everybody should have their wet set up’s figured out by now. There are many choices to be made when it rains.

Special thanks go out to the track workers, scale workers, and especially B Hole. It must have been a very long cold day for you all. We appreciate it very much. :cheers:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.