Racing in poor weather / Enduro thoughts

Home Forums General Discussion Racing in poor weather / Enduro thoughts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8933869810642490334

Doesn’t seem to bother them!

This is the most complete version I’ve seen and can be downloaded. If you haven’t seen, it’s cool

This could also be a cool format for an endurance race! You could maybe have one each, Tag Juniors, Seniors and Masters. It would make driving skill more more important than weight. (and the only practical way to be on the same team for some drivers) This relay type format is not new. This video is from 1993. Tag in get your track side support and maintenance, get tagged back out when it’s your turn. Don’t get me wrong, I love a frantic thrash as much as anyone but a format something along this line would bring out a lot more people. Plus my chances of sending out a driver with something loose is nominal. I’m not sure we’re going to be able to bring out the fields they can produce in New Castle or the enduro’s they have in the Midwest. And our turn out may be plenty sufficient but I’ll bet this would bring out more.

Thoughts?:idn:

Anyway.

Too bad Senna dropped out 😥

This kind of gets the juices flowing again. :cheers:

Rick

Curt Kistler
    Participant

Great post Rick.
    This format is something that would increase the field for the GJ 3 hour enduro. The thought of having one chassis and one motor getting wound up for three hours just sounds expensive, and risky at the start of a new season.
    Just think, Roman and Matt could compete on the same team with their own set-up. (Their weight, chassis set-up, gearing…)

Matt standing at the fence in the hot pit, Roman comes flying in, shuts down, gets out, tags Matt, Matt runs to his kart, get’s in, starts up and flys out for his session/tank of fuel. Now we can tweak Romans stuff, oil and adjust the chain, fuel her up and get ready for Matt to come flying in for his tag on Roman.

I like it. This format would be good for a shifter enduro also. This format will keep more karts on track and should allow for some close racing over a 3 hour tour.
    A 3 hour tour? Matt kind of looks like Gilligan. :loony:

What do you say Brian? Want to double your entries?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.