Post Steamboat idea

Home Forums General Discussion Post Steamboat idea

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello everyone and welcome back from Steamboat it was a fantastic race weekend in my mind. HOWEVER, I have to say that i was disapointed in the plastic around the haybales and how it affected some of the racing results when it got loose from bales and then found it’s way onto the track. A few unsuspecting pilots ran into the plastic bags in the middle of the track and it would wrap around a wheel (or worse in Josh Fellows instance). Is this acceptable to you? I think next time this situation presents itself we need to ensure that the bags are secured around the bales properly (or better yet have the corner workers ACTIVE in removing it when safe to do so)

Anyone else have feedback on this?

Mike Jansen
    Rotax #27

Marc Elliott
    Participant

screwed sam walls, josh fellows (coverd his visor), josh (ferguson), Keesling, and a few others

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was just wondering what happened to the Tech-Pro barriers that SKUSA was suposed to provide? 😯 not a good start of the rebirth of SKUSA in the mountain region!

Anonymous
    Inactive

The hay bails were a good stop gap, but we definetly need to have some duct tape wrapped around them prior to any racing. When we were taking our warm up lap in Tag, there was a plastic wrapper in turn 3 that all the drivers kept pointing at and I think it stayed on the track and got wrapped around Mike Jansen’s tire. That is ridiculous! I heard that SKUSA wanted too much money for the barriers.

All in all, a great weekend of racing and I’m looking forward to going back next year.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I very much agree about the plastic wrapping around the hay bales, as it cost us 1 out of 3 practice sessions on Sat. and a potential mid-pack or better start in the Main Event on Sunday. An errant baggie found it’s way onto Josh’s left front wheel, rotor and caliper on the 1st. lap of the qualifying heat which put him 1st. off the track resulting in a last place start for the Main. Never even thought that plastic could weld itself to a rotor in such a secure fashion, took the better part of 2 hours to remove it from the caliper, rotor and hub assemblies. Am still dealing with a acute case of Scotch-Brite elbow 😯 Oh well, have a full off-season to recover 😕 Congrates to the CSC crew for a very successful inagural season ❗ ❗

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.