new driver for 47 rotax of scott umbreit

Home Forums General Discussion new driver for 47 rotax of scott umbreit

• This topic has 11 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 19 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

hey guys,
    since most of you know that i cant race this summer, because of my grades, im working on a superstock team at colorado national speedway. Im driving for a guy named allen, and his son named sean is going to drive my kart this season to get started in racing, so if you see the black 47 rotax on the track its most likely him not me, he hopefully will be running tag jr later in the season, so if you see him, come over and stop by, ill be there too!
    Scott

Mike Jansen
    Participant

Scott,

Penalty for bad grades: No karting 😥

Work on the grades and worry about NASCAR later when the grades are up.

Just my .02 worth.

CHOICES, DECISIONS, CONSEQUENCES…

:cheers:

Ben Schermerhorn
    Participant

CHOICES, DECISIONS, CONSEQUENCES…

McDonalds, McDonalds, McDonalds

Anonymous
    Inactive

ya, it sucks for getting a c+ but oh well.. hope to see sean do well..

Anonymous
    Inactive

Scott,

From an old fart.

There is nothing wrong with a C+, matter of fact there is nothing wrong with C’s and above.

Parents put too much pressure on kids these days. :bs:

“C” is average and is passing and there is nothing wrong with that!

Enough said on my philosphy of grades! :argue

I’ll have a Big Mac with Ben! :cheers:

Mike Jansen
    Participant

C and above is fine in my books. Just hope you don’t want to be a doctor or such.

Remember, Bill Gates didn’t even FINISH school. Nor did Steven Jobs.

Watch Supersize me and you’ll understand why I only go to McD’s once a month. Nuthin like hot fries…

Ben… you been running much?
    Rich… you practicing those 20 lap mains in the heat?

C-y’all @ month’s end…

Tom Dennin
    Participant

Scott,

Don’t listen to these guys. A C+, C-, or a C sucks if you are not applying yourself to your fullest potential!!!!!! Settling for average is crap and don’t let anyone tell you different. You should be able to get a C+ in your sleep. Your parents did the right thing! You knew the rules and broke them now you are paying the consequences. Sounds to me like you are learning now.

The Bill Gates and Steve Job comparisions are the exception and not the rule. If you do not strive to be the best, you will never be the best.

Food for thought,

Dr. Thomas Dennin, Ph.D
    Metallurgical and Materials Engineering

Mike Jansen
    Participant

I’m not waffling here but Tom’s right. Be the best and when you’re done you can say you gave it your best, did you?

Anonymous
    Inactive

What the crap!

If you tried your best and got a C there is NO problem. Parents still put too much stress on kids with grades!

If I can’t finish races I am not practicing those 20 lap finals. I was out last sat to see if I fixed my problem from GJ and I did.

I’ll be at IMI on Sunday and the next Sunday.

Doug Welch
    Participant

Grades are a tough one. How hard to push? On the one hand, getting a C+ in most public schools today requires little more than showing up and turning in some of minimal effort on the home work. So from that stand point, just about any kid with a pulse should be able to get a C in high school.

On the other hand, if a kid is self motivated, they can obtain unbelivable heights. I’ve seen it first hand in my own kids. They also can have very different motivations to attain very different goals. And sometimes, those goals are at odds with “good” grades. The tough choice for the parent is will those goals do the kid right in the long run.

For example, my eldest was a straight A in high school and highly recruited by major universities all across the country. The kid worked his butt of for it and got every thing he deserved. He’s now enjoying the fruits of that labor. I firmly believe that any kid with average intelligence can attain what he has attained, if they want to bad enough. But the bigger question is, can you force a kid to attain that level. In some ways, I think that is a bit like pushing a rope uphill.

The younger one strugles through the basic classes. Yet in music, its straight A. Its not because of any intellegence failings, rather is a pursut of different goals. Do I as a parent beat him down on the world history grade when its the music that lights his rockets? I think its our job as parents to help the kid develop goals and give them the tools they need to attain those goals. We then have to sit back, watch and hope they chose wisely.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ScottUmbreit wrote:

hey guys,
    since most of you know that i cant race this summer, because of my grades, im working on a superstock team at colorado national speedway. Im driving for a guy named allen, and his son named sean is going to drive my kart this season to get started in racing, so if you see the black 47 rotax on the track its most likely him not me, he hopefully will be running tag jr later in the season, so if you see him, come over and stop by, ill be there too!
    Scott

A high SAT score will make your grades useless. High School is for one thing……getting you into college. College is for one thing……building a resume to get a job. What do you want to do for a living?

If i could do it over, i would drop out at 16, get my GED, and start taking college courses ASAP.

Just my 2 cents, but no employer gives a rat’s ass what you did in highschool.

Anonymous
    Inactive

ya, im sure pissed about it now, thats for sure, 4 grades, 1 test, 1, quiz and 2 homework grades… Test: 76%, Quiz: 80 something % @ Homework grades, A’s.. fricken test, oh well, i guess its teaching me.. lol maybe ill be able to sneak in some races or something, but cant wait to redrive my kart, its always something..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.