KEEPING UP WHIT KARTERS

Home Forums General Discussion KEEPING UP WHIT KARTERS

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Angel Ramirez
    Participant

Michael Schumacher: Proud to keep up with special karters!

By Karting1 ~ April 25th, 2012. Filed under: Kart Racing News.
    While enjoying a decent run of form, despite some bad luck, in his return to F1 against the so-called ‘world’s best drivers’ in 2012, Michael Schumacher in a recent interview with F1 Racing revealed that he is proud that he can still keep up with karters.

“I managed to come fourth – for me that was a big success. I was just behind the current World Champion”.
    Karting is in Schumacher’s DNA

When asked whether there were any ‘kids’ who were good enough to beat him, Schumacher revealed he was just happy to be able to keep up “Oh yeah, it’s difficult for me to beat them… I am just proud I can still keep up. We had a race last year with all the champions and I managed to come fourth – for me that was a big success. I was just behind the current World Champion”.

“I like the competition because it’s at a high level – those kids are very special.”
    He also described why he has a big love for karting “I like the competition because it’s at a high level – those kids are very special. It’s great being active in terms of checking tyre pressures, checking the engines, changing the ratios and being involved more deeply than in F1. It’s just natural to me. I love it. Yes you meet your engineers in F1, but you don’t physically touch the car”.

Karting also gives Schumacher the ‘buzz’ when compared to F1. He describes “In certain moments of course it is slower, but you drive something to its limits, it feels pretty fast. In karting, the run-off is smaller, your wheel-to-wheel contact is much closer – it’s intense. You sit so low that your arse is scrubbing the ground and occasionally it gets hot… this happen in F1, but you don’t notices as much because you’re surrounded by a monocoque.

Terry Von Tilius
    Participant

But Angel, the real question is could Schumacher keep up with you?

Good to see you last Sunday at The Track.

Angel Ramirez
    Participant

It was good to see you too, we were just shaking the dust. :rev

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.